Which Perfume to Wear According to Your Career
Scent is a powerful tool and, for many of us, a daily essential. Take it from Coco Chanel, who once said, “A woman who doesn’t wear perfume has no future.” Just as your work wardrobe demonstrates confidence and an ability to kick ass at your job, so should your fragrance. Below, we’ve figured out the ideal scents according to your career.
1. Administration: If you have an admin role — particularly front desk — you’ll want a fragrance that’s fresh and unobtrusive. Clinique Happy ($41) blends notes of ruby red grapefruit and bright blooms.
2. Retail: If you work on commission, you might want to consider a slightly feminine scent, which according to one study can improve sales. With a mix of white amber, musk and florals, SJP Lovely Eau de Parfum ($46) is a sublime scent for a retail role.
3. Advertising: When creativity is part of your job description, it’s all about self-expression. Show off your bold personality with a spicy, warm scent like Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black ($65).
4. Finance: In a cutthroat field like finance, a fragrance with mint notes, like Clean Cool Cotton Eau de Parfum ($40), will promote competence and efficiency. Added bonus: Mint will help you keep your cool under pressure.
5. Wellness: If you’re guiding students through vinyasa and mindful meditation, you’ll want a scent that radiates positive, calming energy, like Yuni Pocket Savasana Aroma Concentrate ($25). Infused with a blend of natural essential oils, this portable aromatherapy roller-ball helps you connect to the present moment.
6. Law: In any kind of legal office or courtroom setting, confidence is key. Notes of jasmine, amber and sandalwood expel confidence and sophistication. Tom Ford Noir Pour Femme ($82) reads, err smells, powerful and self-assured.
7. Fashion: If you work in the industry, why not pay homage to one of the most famous fashion (and perfume) houses? Chanel Chance Eau Vive ($78) has hints of grapefruit, cedar and jasmine, perfect for fashion peeps who want to embrace their eclectic personal style.
Follow us on Pinterest for more fragrance tips and advice.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.