These Are the Most Breathtaking Looks from the White House Correspondents’ Dinner
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’re probably aware by now that the White House Correspondents’ Dinner went down last night, bringing stars, politicians and the like out to cast their glow on the red carpet.
1. Emma Watson: Daring to be different as usual, Emma chucked tradition and forewent the gown in favor of this long split-hem Osman organza top with navy capri-hem bottoms and matching heels. Do you, Emma!
2. Kendall Jenner: Kendall looked like a million bucks thanks to this Vivienne Westwood strapless number. Taking her footwear down just a notch from her MTV Movie Awards appearance, she smartly kept the focus on her gown — and that gorgeous bling!
3. Candace Cameron Bure: D.J. Tanner is all grown up and looking more chic than ever in this classy floral floor-length gown.
4. Emily Ratajkowski: Looking unusually demure, the model covered up her curves for the event, directing attention instead to the back of this Monique Lhuillier wonder.
5. Karlie Kloss: Tay’s bestie brought the heat in this Derek Lam frock, complete with two-toned bodice. Understated and elegant, we think it was the perfect choice for such a refined affair.
6. Anne Vyalitsyna: As if you ever needed any more proof that cutouts are the trend of the year, you needn’t look any further than model Anne Vyalitsyna’s correspondent dinner gown. We’re feeling the interesting halter top mix this one affords.
7. Kerry Washington: Kerry Washington proved that tasteful doesn’t = boring in this flirty little Victoria Beckham cocktail piece.
8. Helen Mirren: A vision in purple lace (all the better to honor the memory of his purple majesty), Helen’s Dolce & Gabbana gown stood out from the pack.
9. Tracee Ellis Ross: Yowza! Diana’s daughter Tracee Ellis took plunging necklines to new heights in this absolutely exquisite Jovani gown.
10: Omarosa Onee Manigault: Say what you will about Omarosa, girlfriend knows how to make an entrance, and that’s exactly what she did last night in this vibrant yellow ballgown.
11: Sela Ward: Sela managed to look both sexy and sophisticated in this classic white frock, and we’re loving that bold silver choker necklace!
12. Lauren Santo Domingo: Though it’s not exactly something we would choose for such a classy affair (the words ‘gypsy’ and ‘lampshade’ are coming to mind), this IS a memorable look we won’t soon be forgetting.
13. Michelle Dockery: This Downtown Abbey actress used color to her advantage, choosing Cushnie et Ochs to brighten up her already dazzling star appeal.
14. Bellamy Young: Scandal starlet Bellamy Young went all out for the occasion, looking pretty in pink in this Ramona Keveza gown with all the fixings. Sequins? Check. Chiffon train? Check. Elegant updo? Check, check, check!
15. Jaimie Alexander: Christian Siriano designed this stunner for Jamie, who just may have been the most elegant dame to walk the red carpet.
Which look from the White House Correspondents’ Dinner was your favorite? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Photos via Larry Busacca / Getty)