How to Wear Windowpane Print With 16 Menswear-Inspired Pieces
If you love being in sync with all the latest fashion trends, then it’s probably about time that you meet the menswear-inspired motif of the season. Whether you refer to it as windowpane, classic grid or uniformed checks — there are endless ways to rock this perfect-for-summer print. Here are 16 awesomely minimalist investment pieces (and budget buys!) to get you started!
3. Grid Print Skater Dress ($41): You can’t go wrong with the always flattering fit-and-flare silhouette. No surprise, we’re smitten with this grid print dress — it’s both sweet and sophisticated at the same time.
4. Bow Check Shirt ($40): Be prim and polished for the office in a monochrome tie-neck blouse.
6. Check Ponte Dress ($50): Super minimalist and mod, where have you been all our lives? With large checks and the coolest cutout back detail (seriously, check it out!), how can you consider moving forward without it?
7. Argelia Grid Playsuit With Peter Pan Collar in White ($42): Never have we been so excited to don a playsuit before. This one, complete with a Peter Pan collar and bold grid print, is downright cheeky.
10. Glamorous Print Jumpsuit ($58): The only thing better than a maxi dress is a totally glam windowpane jumpsuit. Go the extra mile with this show-stoppin’ number.
11. Merino Wool Sweater ($275): Oh-so-perfect for those chilly summer nights, say hello to the quintessential printed pullover that you’ll never want to leave your side.
12. Oversized Grid Print Blazer ($69): Move over floral, there’s a new print in town! For your next boardroom meeting, style this black grid print blazer with a sleek pencil skirt and let the compliments roll in.
13. Stretch Cotton Ankle Trousers ($72): When your fave black trousers lose their luster, rest assured that these crisp ankle pants will steal the show.
15. Reese Streamline Grid Print ($258): While this button-down shirt errs on the splurge-worthy side, trust us… it’s worth it. For a streamlined, you-mean-business look, it doesn’t get more on-point than this.
16. Amy Blouse ($54): Just when you thought windowpane was solely of the black-and-white variety, this darling navy option makes an appearance. Again, you gotta love the Peter Pan collar…
How will you be incorporating windowpane prints into your daily style this season? Tell us in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.