Winter Date Night? 14 Products You HAVE to Try
The holidays may be long behind us, but winter is just settling in. With dry hair, skin and lips looming in the horizon, we’re giving a little extra TLC to our regular beauty routine. We’ve found the perfect potions and remedies to keep our skin dewy all year round, so frostbite won’t ever keep us from our boos. Melt away those cold weather blues with these 15 winter must-haves.
1. Darphin The Revitalizing Oil ($50): This is what we like to call the everywhere oil. Seriously, you can put it all over your body for instant hydration and baby soft skin. Try lathering this on after a hot shower or mix a few drops into your favorite body lotion. Oh, and don’t forget about your hair! Heat up one or two pumps of this potion into the palms of your hands and run through your ends for a healthy shine.
2. M61 Power Glow Peel ($28+): This peel is no joke. Chamomile, bilberry extract and vitamin K balance out those acids and leave you with a glow that EVERYONE will be asking you about. Swipe it all over your face, neck and hands to slough off those dead skin cells and layer your moisturizer on top before bed.
3. Fresh Rose Face Mask ($58): Real rose petals that literally melt into your skin? It’s true. It’s also packed with cucumber and aloe, which help soothe and calm any redness. You’re going to seriously smell like roses afterward.
4. Sara Happ Lip Scrub ($24): Chapped lips are inevitable this time of year. Thanks to this sugar scrub, we can get rid of our dry pout and have a sugary treat at the same time! We also love this exfoliator as a prep for the perfect red lip. Massage a tiny bit onto your lips for a minute or so and rinse off, then apply a lip primer.
5. Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask Champagne ($26): This leave-on lip mask needs to be in everyone’s bathroom this winter. It revives and rehydrates lips with organic agave nectar and jojoba and is loaded with 15 mg of antioxidant resveratrol, which helps heal and soothe dry skin. You’ll also get a beautiful wash of rose gold over your lips.
6. Moroccan Oil Body Butter ($52): This is a spa experience in a jar. Loaded with argan oil, the scent is to die for. Massage into damp skin after cleansing to lock in moisture.
7. Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream ($15): Hands go through a lot on a daily basis and for some reason they always end up last on our beauty to-do list. Formulated with antioxidant grape polyphenols and reparative organic fair-trade shea butter, your hands will be nourished this season.
8. Oribe Dry Conditioner Spray ($35): This award-winning spray is made for those with dry hair. Spray this midway through your tangles, and it will go to work to soften and add tons of shine. You won’t be able to stop smelling your hair thanks to Oribe’s signature scent.
9. Bumble and Bumble Dryspun Finish ($29): This aerosol spray pumps up your roots and adds a ton of texture without drying out your strands.
10. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation ($45): This sheer, build-able foundation will give your skin that healthy glow without looking heavy. Apply it with your fingers so the warmth of your hands melts it into your skin for a natural finish.
11. Yves Saint Laurent Babydoll Mascara ($30): YSL mascaras live up to their reputation. This Babydoll mascara will leave you with flirty, full and natural lashes. The brush has duo-length bristles that reach even the tiniest lashes while defining them naturally.
12. L’Oreal Lineur Intense ($8): Define your winter look with this carbon black liquid liner. The felt tip makes it super easy to create delicate, thin lines or a dramatic bold look. If you’ve tried Lancome Art liner, makeup pros swear this is almost identical and your wallet will thank you.
13. Elizabeth and James Nirvana Pure Perfume Oil ($35): Mary Kate and Ashley give us two two different scents to keep in your bag this winter. Feeling sensual, mysterious and warm? Stick with Nirvana Black. If you’re aiming for sophisticated, feminine and captivating, go with Nirvana White.
14. NYX Butter Lipsick ($6): At $6 a pop and over 20 shades to choose from, it’s hard not to start collecting all of these lipsticks! We love how the texture seems to melt onto the lips, giving full, yet lightweight coverage.
Which of these beauty must-haves will you try? Let us know in the comments.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)