Winter Date Night? 14 Products You HAVE to Try
The holidays may be long behind us, but winter is just settling in. With dry hair, skin and lips looming in the horizon, we’re giving a little extra TLC to our regular beauty routine. We’ve found the perfect potions and remedies to keep our skin dewy all year round, so frostbite won’t ever keep us from our boos. Melt away those cold weather blues with these 15 winter must-haves.
1. Darphin The Revitalizing Oil ($50): This is what we like to call the everywhere oil. Seriously, you can put it all over your body for instant hydration and baby soft skin. Try lathering this on after a hot shower or mix a few drops into your favorite body lotion. Oh, and don’t forget about your hair! Heat up one or two pumps of this potion into the palms of your hands and run through your ends for a healthy shine.
2. M61 Power Glow Peel ($28+): This peel is no joke. Chamomile, bilberry extract and vitamin K balance out those acids and leave you with a glow that EVERYONE will be asking you about. Swipe it all over your face, neck and hands to slough off those dead skin cells and layer your moisturizer on top before bed.
3. Fresh Rose Face Mask ($58): Real rose petals that literally melt into your skin? It’s true. It’s also packed with cucumber and aloe, which help soothe and calm any redness. You’re going to seriously smell like roses afterward.
4. Sara Happ Lip Scrub ($24): Chapped lips are inevitable this time of year. Thanks to this sugar scrub, we can get rid of our dry pout and have a sugary treat at the same time! We also love this exfoliator as a prep for the perfect red lip. Massage a tiny bit onto your lips for a minute or so and rinse off, then apply a lip primer.
5. Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask Champagne ($26): This leave-on lip mask needs to be in everyone’s bathroom this winter. It revives and rehydrates lips with organic agave nectar and jojoba and is loaded with 15 mg of antioxidant resveratrol, which helps heal and soothe dry skin. You’ll also get a beautiful wash of rose gold over your lips.
6. Moroccan Oil Body Butter ($52): This is a spa experience in a jar. Loaded with argan oil, the scent is to die for. Massage into damp skin after cleansing to lock in moisture.
7. Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream ($15): Hands go through a lot on a daily basis and for some reason they always end up last on our beauty to-do list. Formulated with antioxidant grape polyphenols and reparative organic fair-trade shea butter, your hands will be nourished this season.
8. Oribe Dry Conditioner Spray ($35): This award-winning spray is made for those with dry hair. Spray this midway through your tangles, and it will go to work to soften and add tons of shine. You won’t be able to stop smelling your hair thanks to Oribe’s signature scent.
9. Bumble and Bumble Dryspun Finish ($29): This aerosol spray pumps up your roots and adds a ton of texture without drying out your strands.
10. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation ($45): This sheer, build-able foundation will give your skin that healthy glow without looking heavy. Apply it with your fingers so the warmth of your hands melts it into your skin for a natural finish.
11. Yves Saint Laurent Babydoll Mascara ($30): YSL mascaras live up to their reputation. This Babydoll mascara will leave you with flirty, full and natural lashes. The brush has duo-length bristles that reach even the tiniest lashes while defining them naturally.
12. L’Oreal Lineur Intense ($8): Define your winter look with this carbon black liquid liner. The felt tip makes it super easy to create delicate, thin lines or a dramatic bold look. If you’ve tried Lancome Art liner, makeup pros swear this is almost identical and your wallet will thank you.
13. Elizabeth and James Nirvana Pure Perfume Oil ($35): Mary Kate and Ashley give us two two different scents to keep in your bag this winter. Feeling sensual, mysterious and warm? Stick with Nirvana Black. If you’re aiming for sophisticated, feminine and captivating, go with Nirvana White.
14. NYX Butter Lipsick ($6): At $6 a pop and over 20 shades to choose from, it’s hard not to start collecting all of these lipsticks! We love how the texture seems to melt onto the lips, giving full, yet lightweight coverage.
Which of these beauty must-haves will you try? Let us know in the comments.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!