Winter Date Night? 14 Products You HAVE to Try
The holidays may be long behind us, but winter is just settling in. With dry hair, skin and lips looming in the horizon, we’re giving a little extra TLC to our regular beauty routine. We’ve found the perfect potions and remedies to keep our skin dewy all year round, so frostbite won’t ever keep us from our boos. Melt away those cold weather blues with these 15 winter must-haves.
1. Darphin The Revitalizing Oil ($50): This is what we like to call the everywhere oil. Seriously, you can put it all over your body for instant hydration and baby soft skin. Try lathering this on after a hot shower or mix a few drops into your favorite body lotion. Oh, and don’t forget about your hair! Heat up one or two pumps of this potion into the palms of your hands and run through your ends for a healthy shine.
2. M61 Power Glow Peel ($28+): This peel is no joke. Chamomile, bilberry extract and vitamin K balance out those acids and leave you with a glow that EVERYONE will be asking you about. Swipe it all over your face, neck and hands to slough off those dead skin cells and layer your moisturizer on top before bed.
3. Fresh Rose Face Mask ($58): Real rose petals that literally melt into your skin? It’s true. It’s also packed with cucumber and aloe, which help soothe and calm any redness. You’re going to seriously smell like roses afterward.
4. Sara Happ Lip Scrub ($24): Chapped lips are inevitable this time of year. Thanks to this sugar scrub, we can get rid of our dry pout and have a sugary treat at the same time! We also love this exfoliator as a prep for the perfect red lip. Massage a tiny bit onto your lips for a minute or so and rinse off, then apply a lip primer.
5. Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask Champagne ($26): This leave-on lip mask needs to be in everyone’s bathroom this winter. It revives and rehydrates lips with organic agave nectar and jojoba and is loaded with 15 mg of antioxidant resveratrol, which helps heal and soothe dry skin. You’ll also get a beautiful wash of rose gold over your lips.
6. Moroccan Oil Body Butter ($52): This is a spa experience in a jar. Loaded with argan oil, the scent is to die for. Massage into damp skin after cleansing to lock in moisture.
7. Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream ($15): Hands go through a lot on a daily basis and for some reason they always end up last on our beauty to-do list. Formulated with antioxidant grape polyphenols and reparative organic fair-trade shea butter, your hands will be nourished this season.
8. Oribe Dry Conditioner Spray ($35): This award-winning spray is made for those with dry hair. Spray this midway through your tangles, and it will go to work to soften and add tons of shine. You won’t be able to stop smelling your hair thanks to Oribe’s signature scent.
9. Bumble and Bumble Dryspun Finish ($29): This aerosol spray pumps up your roots and adds a ton of texture without drying out your strands.
10. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation ($45): This sheer, build-able foundation will give your skin that healthy glow without looking heavy. Apply it with your fingers so the warmth of your hands melts it into your skin for a natural finish.
11. Yves Saint Laurent Babydoll Mascara ($30): YSL mascaras live up to their reputation. This Babydoll mascara will leave you with flirty, full and natural lashes. The brush has duo-length bristles that reach even the tiniest lashes while defining them naturally.
12. L’Oreal Lineur Intense ($8): Define your winter look with this carbon black liquid liner. The felt tip makes it super easy to create delicate, thin lines or a dramatic bold look. If you’ve tried Lancome Art liner, makeup pros swear this is almost identical and your wallet will thank you.
13. Elizabeth and James Nirvana Pure Perfume Oil ($35): Mary Kate and Ashley give us two two different scents to keep in your bag this winter. Feeling sensual, mysterious and warm? Stick with Nirvana Black. If you’re aiming for sophisticated, feminine and captivating, go with Nirvana White.
14. NYX Butter Lipsick ($6): At $6 a pop and over 20 shades to choose from, it’s hard not to start collecting all of these lipsticks! We love how the texture seems to melt onto the lips, giving full, yet lightweight coverage.
Which of these beauty must-haves will you try? Let us know in the comments.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.