Winter Date Night? 14 Products You HAVE to Try
The holidays may be long behind us, but winter is just settling in. With dry hair, skin and lips looming in the horizon, we’re giving a little extra TLC to our regular beauty routine. We’ve found the perfect potions and remedies to keep our skin dewy all year round, so frostbite won’t ever keep us from our boos. Melt away those cold weather blues with these 15 winter must-haves.
1. Darphin The Revitalizing Oil ($50): This is what we like to call the everywhere oil. Seriously, you can put it all over your body for instant hydration and baby soft skin. Try lathering this on after a hot shower or mix a few drops into your favorite body lotion. Oh, and don’t forget about your hair! Heat up one or two pumps of this potion into the palms of your hands and run through your ends for a healthy shine.
2. M61 Power Glow Peel ($28+): This peel is no joke. Chamomile, bilberry extract and vitamin K balance out those acids and leave you with a glow that EVERYONE will be asking you about. Swipe it all over your face, neck and hands to slough off those dead skin cells and layer your moisturizer on top before bed.
3. Fresh Rose Face Mask ($58): Real rose petals that literally melt into your skin? It’s true. It’s also packed with cucumber and aloe, which help soothe and calm any redness. You’re going to seriously smell like roses afterward.
4. Sara Happ Lip Scrub ($24): Chapped lips are inevitable this time of year. Thanks to this sugar scrub, we can get rid of our dry pout and have a sugary treat at the same time! We also love this exfoliator as a prep for the perfect red lip. Massage a tiny bit onto your lips for a minute or so and rinse off, then apply a lip primer.
5. Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask Champagne ($26): This leave-on lip mask needs to be in everyone’s bathroom this winter. It revives and rehydrates lips with organic agave nectar and jojoba and is loaded with 15 mg of antioxidant resveratrol, which helps heal and soothe dry skin. You’ll also get a beautiful wash of rose gold over your lips.
6. Moroccan Oil Body Butter ($52): This is a spa experience in a jar. Loaded with argan oil, the scent is to die for. Massage into damp skin after cleansing to lock in moisture.
7. Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream ($15): Hands go through a lot on a daily basis and for some reason they always end up last on our beauty to-do list. Formulated with antioxidant grape polyphenols and reparative organic fair-trade shea butter, your hands will be nourished this season.
8. Oribe Dry Conditioner Spray ($35): This award-winning spray is made for those with dry hair. Spray this midway through your tangles, and it will go to work to soften and add tons of shine. You won’t be able to stop smelling your hair thanks to Oribe’s signature scent.
9. Bumble and Bumble Dryspun Finish ($29): This aerosol spray pumps up your roots and adds a ton of texture without drying out your strands.
10. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation ($45): This sheer, build-able foundation will give your skin that healthy glow without looking heavy. Apply it with your fingers so the warmth of your hands melts it into your skin for a natural finish.
11. Yves Saint Laurent Babydoll Mascara ($30): YSL mascaras live up to their reputation. This Babydoll mascara will leave you with flirty, full and natural lashes. The brush has duo-length bristles that reach even the tiniest lashes while defining them naturally.
12. L’Oreal Lineur Intense ($8): Define your winter look with this carbon black liquid liner. The felt tip makes it super easy to create delicate, thin lines or a dramatic bold look. If you’ve tried Lancome Art liner, makeup pros swear this is almost identical and your wallet will thank you.
13. Elizabeth and James Nirvana Pure Perfume Oil ($35): Mary Kate and Ashley give us two two different scents to keep in your bag this winter. Feeling sensual, mysterious and warm? Stick with Nirvana Black. If you’re aiming for sophisticated, feminine and captivating, go with Nirvana White.
14. NYX Butter Lipsick ($6): At $6 a pop and over 20 shades to choose from, it’s hard not to start collecting all of these lipsticks! We love how the texture seems to melt onto the lips, giving full, yet lightweight coverage.
Which of these beauty must-haves will you try? Let us know in the comments.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.