Refresh Your Beauty Routine With 11 Minty Beauty Hacks
Mint is one of the most refreshing flavors and scents known to woman kind, whether you’re drinking it, eating it or rubbing it on your face. And it turns out that, like coconut oil, mint has quite a few beauty benefits. For skin, it can reduce redness, control excess oil and unclog pores. It can add shine, cut dandruff and help simulate growth for your hair. We surfed around to find 11 minty hacks to freshen up your beauty routine. Drinking a mojito while reading along is encouraged as well.
1. Mint Chocolate Sugar Scrub: Have a weakness for chocolate? This scrub is a way to indulge without adding inches to your waistline. It smells like cookie dough, but avoid eating it and your body will be rid of dry skin to leave you feeling silky smooth and soft. (via Henry Happened)
2. Bliss Micro Magic Spa-Powered Microdermabrasion Treatment ($48): You can take this spa-quality treatment home with you. It exfoliates and uses peppermint extract to refresh and revitalize the skin. Like the name implies, it really is almost like magic.
3. Homemade Mint Soap: This stuff is no joke when it comes to washing away dirt and grime. We’re talking brawny enough to stand up to the hands of mechanics, artists and gardeners. And the bar itself is pretty enough to use as a nifty gifty. (via Soap Deli News)
5. Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint ($24): If you’re looking for a color boost for your lips, Tarte’s lip tint uses a smart technology that responds to the skin’s natural PH level to give a personalized tint of pink. Simply genius.
6. Paul Mitchell Lavender Mint Moisturizing Shampoo + Conditioner ($26): Aromatic moisturizing shampoo and conditioner replenishes overly dry and unruly hair. But it’s the winning combination of lavender, mint and tea-tree scents that soothe the mind for a beauty refresh inside and out.
7. Citrus Mint Toner DIY: Those who experience a touch of oily skin can benefit from a daily acidic mint toner. The creator of this recipe says the mixture of citrus and mint will help reduce the appearance of pores and prevent breakouts. Sign. Us. Up. (via Life Ann Style)
8. Cooling Aloe Mint Body Lotion: There might be an occasion where you forget to put your SPF 50 on every hour while you’re at the beach. Appreciation doesn’t begin to describe what you’ll be feeling for the cooling effect of aloe and mint. (via GI 365)
9. L’Occitane Almond Firming and Softening Oil ($42): Three essential oils, including peppermint, combine to protect the skin and restore elasticity. And then they go on to repair and nourish the epidermis — quite the treat for the skin.
10. DIY Lime Mint Foot Soak: Had a long day? Sit back and relax your achey feet with this refreshing soak. If you want your pals to feel the same relief, there’s a free printable label included. This tutorial just keeps making your life easier. (via Tidy Mom)
11. Rosemary Mint Shaving Cream: Sundress season is on the horizon. You’re going to need some serious shaving cream to get through to those Sasquatch-esque legs that have been hiding under pants and tights all winter long. This cream uses only oils and butter, meaning that you’ll get a much smoother and closer shave than other creams. (via Food for My Family)
Which of these beauty hacks will refresh your routine? Let us know in the comments below.