Work-from-Home Fashion Essentials to Telecommute in Style
We’re not gonna lie: Working from home can be the best thing ever. While a lazy day is sometimes warranted, the world should know that our “working from home” look is just as polished as our “working from the office” outfit. Here are 12 fashion finds we think are perfect for your telecommuting style.
1. Zara Boatneck Cashmere Sweater ($199): We believe that cashmere is always a good idea, making this luxuriously soft sweater a no-brainer for days when you work from home. It’s just profesh enough to keep your work mentality on fleek, and you’ll stay comfy AF wrapped in its cuddly goodness.
2. Urban Outfitters Faux Fur Pool Slide ($15): These faux-fur slides might not be welcome in the office, but they’re 100 percent “work from home” friendly. Plus, you’ll feel cool AF in these on-trend flats knowing that Bad Gal RiRi designed (and wears!) a pair just like ’em.
3. Lululemon Fringe Fighter Headband ($18): There’s literally nothing more annoying than when our hair falls in our faces — especially when you’re trying to work. This sporty style keeps your hair secured comfortably as you’re jamming but polished if you have a video conference.
4. Asos Denim Super Ripped Jacket in Mid Wash Blue ($76): Destroyed denim is another street-style trend that is sadly forbidden in a corporate work environment. But no one is stopping you from wearing it at home!
5. Warby Parker Percey Eyeglasses in Mission Clay Fade ($95): No contact lenses? No problem! Another amazing perk to working from home is that there is absolutely ZERO pressure to wear your contact lenses every day.
6. Aritzia Talula Tabata Jumpsuit ($70): Jumpsuits are so hot RN, and that goes for your at-home office attire as well. This easy-breezy look might read too casual for your typical nine-to-five, but from the comfort of your own living room? You betcha.
7. Urban Outfitters Cozy Rib Knit Beanie ($19): If you’re a hipster, you don’t have to hide it any longer on account of your corporate dress code. Come rain or shine, you’re free to wear this super cute beanie without any repercussions from the man.
8. Topshop Super Soft Joggers ($40): Okay, we’ll admit it — we love working from home because we can get away with business on top and comfy on the bottom. How else are you going to keep things profesh for that Skype meeting?
9. Madewell Eberjey Delirious Bralette ($32): Comfortable doesn’t even begin to cover what we love about this essential. The delicate lace bralette is cute as can be with all the coverage you’ll need.
10. Urban Outfitters Suede Ruffle Slide ($54): Slides are never ideal for long treks or commutes, but this adorable suede pair can totally survive a home-based day.
11. J.Crew Pop-Stripe Italian Cashmere Sweater ($278): We loved this eye-popping cashmere sweater from the very first moment we saw it. Its color palette is on point and way too much fun for stuffy offices.
12. Xhilaration Women’s Knee High Socks 3-Pack ($6): Planetary socks? Need! Okay, so maybe we’d like these to wear on one of those days when your desk is actually your couch.
Which items would you add to your at-home work wardrobe? Show us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.