9 Polished Wardrobe Picks Under $100 That Are Both Pumping- and Work-Friendly
Maternity leave is over, and it’s time to trade those spit-up-covered sweats for real clothes that adults wear in public. But before you throw back to your pre-preggo work wardrobe, consider the new challenges you’re facing. Take your time, eat healthy, get active, and don’t worry about looking like a VS angel by postpartum month three. Instead of zipping yourself into fitted frocks or piling on cinched suit layers, style your wardrobe for your pumping self. This means easy-entry ensembles that let you pump breast milk without having to totally undress. Check out these simply stylish picks that are pure pumping perfection for the workplace.
1. Motherhood Maternity Striped Mock Neck Lift-Up Nursing Dress ($45): This cute dress has a secret! The top lifts up, making it easy to pump or nurse without having to strip off the stripes.
2. Milk Nursingwear Asymmetrical Nursing Top ($44): If keeping things business casual at work is part of your office culture, this top is for you. The layers allow for easy access while providing this top with plenty of visual interest. Or if you need to dress it up, try wearing layering it under a sleek suit.
3. H&M MAMA Nursing Blouse ($30): Go from day to night with this basic blouse: Pair it with a fitted suit jacket during work hours, then wear it as-is for that all-important first evening out with baby.
4. Cloth & Stone Robinson Button-Down ($98): Buying nursing-specific tops isn’t always a necessity. This classic button-down is an easy-open option that’s ideal for pairing with a suit or skirt.
5. Bobeau Crepe Wrap Dress ($80): A simple LBD is one of the easiest work outfits to pull out of the closet and throw on — especially when you’re busy with baby. This wrap dress offers plenty of access for your workday pumping sessions. It also comes in other colors if you want to trade adaptability for flair.
6. A New Day Long-Sleeve Popover Shirt ($18): Just pop open a button and you’re ready to pump. Pair this pick with your fave dress pants or a sleek skirt.
7. J. Crew Band-Collar Popover Tunic ($80): Again, the buttons make all the difference. And, bonus, the decidedly not-maternity style will make you feel less like a mombie (that’s mom-zombie) and more like the career you.
8. A Pea in the Pod Ripe Pullover Mock Layer Nursing Tank Top ($90): Add something extra under a blazer or cute cardigan. The sleeveless top is perfect for warm summer weather but still transitions well to the workplace.
9. Loft Striped Shirttail Open Cardigan ($60): Pair this pick in combination with a nursing tank or fitted blouse. The dressed-down cardigan is just right for a casual work environment.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.