13 YouTube Tricks to Make Binge-Watching a Cinch
It was way back in the dark ages of 2009 that YouTube first added support for 1080p HD videos. Since then, YouTube videos have evolved from amateur vlogs into stylish mini movies with an impressive array of effects. Of course, watching movies in the theater lets us sit back, relax and enjoy the show, while watching YouTube videos on our desktops or laptops still requires us to manually point and click to browse our favorite videos… until now. Thanks to these 13 keyboard shortcuts, you’ll be binge-watching your favorite funny cat vids with the simple push of a button.
- Play or pause video: Spacebar (Toggle to switch between play or pause.)
- Rewind five seconds: Left arrow
- Fast-forward five seconds: Right arrow
- Rewind 10 seconds: Ctrl+Left arrow
- Fast-forward 10 seconds: Ctrl+Right arrow
- Seek to a percentage of video duration: 0-9 (0 goes to the beginning of the video, 1 goes to the 10% point of the video, 2 goes to the 20% point, etc.)
- Go to the beginning of the video: Home
- Go to the end of the video: End
- Increase volume: Up arrow
- Decrease volume: Down arrow
- Go to full-screen mode: F
- Exit full-screen mode: Esc
- Mute audio: M
Are there other websites that you’re dying to know the keyboard shortcuts for? Let us know in the comments below!