We love the dogs of Brit + Co., and one of our favorite ways to show our love is through homemade treats. They make for a fun baking project that won’t lead to you downing a tray full of cookies! Here are 12 of our favorite recipes to whip up. Just remember, before you make any homemade treats for your pet, check this list of foods that are hazardous to dogs. It’s a good link to bookmark if you’re a pet owner.
1. Cinnamon Bun Bites: You love cinnamon rolls, so we’re guessing your pup does, too! These dog friendly ones are made with whole wheat flour to make them extra healthy. (via Babble)
2. Best of Breed Dog Biscuits: These dog biscuits are actually vegetarian, but your four-legged friend is sure to love him whether he’s a meat eater or not. They also include parsley to help freshen your pooch’s breath. (via King Arthur Flour)
3. Homemade Doggie Treats: What’s the secret to these irresistible treats? Melted bacon fat. Yep, your dog will go wild for these. (via TheKitchn)
4. Homemade Peanut Butter and Banana Dog Treats: Peanut butter and banana is one of our favorite combinations, and we’re betting all your pups will love it as well! (via Whole Foods Market)
5. Izzy’s Apple-Cheddar Dog Biscuits: These are the perfect dog biscuits to have your guests feed your pooch when you’re having a dinner party. It’s just like they’re participating in the wine and cheese course. (via Martha Stewart)
6. Homemade Dog Treats: These treats are especially healthy for your pup because they have both heart-healthy oatmeal and virgin coconut oil. (via A Cozy Kitchen)
7. Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dog Treats: Take advantage of the fall flavors with these tasty dog treats. You can also use brown rice flour to make them gluten-free. (via My Baking Addiction)
8. DIY Dog Treats: One secret to making homemade dog treats quickly is to combine your favorite flour or flour mixture with pureed baby food and bake. It doesn’t get easier than that! (via Curbly)
9. Homemade Flax Seed Dog Biscuits: Grind the flax seeds in this recipe to make sure your dog gets the most nutritional value out of them. (via White on Rice Couple)
10. Paw-Print Dog Treats: The shape of these treats remind us of Ritz crackers, but you won’t need to worry about mistaking them for the pantry staple. The brewer’s yeast give them a distinct smell and will make your dog beg for more. (via Martha Stewart)
11. Blueberry-Apple Doughnuts for Dogs: These donuts get their sweetness from the applesauce used in place of oil, making it a healthier treat for your pooch. (via Yuki the Dog)
12. Dog Treat Birthday Candles: If you’re celebrating your pup’s birthday, make these edible pretzel candles that they can enjoy once the party is over. (via A Subtle Revelry)
Have you ever made homemade treats for your pet? Tell us what you made in the comments or on Twitter!