Get a load of these layers. Nope, we’re not talking about cakes, but rather something a little less, shall we say… sinful. Right now, we’re all about salads in a jar. Carefully layered in Mason jars, each of these 20 make-ahead creations will still be fresh and crisp as can be come lunchtime. Just shake it
off up and dig in!
1. Chickpea, Farro and Greens Salad: There is no shortage of flavor going on in this salad. With red onion and celery mingling with chickpeas at the bottom, followed by garlicky farro and homemade Greek dressing, every bite is outstanding. (via Cookie and Kate)
4. Tex-Mex Quinoa Salad With Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing: Featuring a well-balanced selection of carbs, protein and veggies, this salad will hit the spot during lunch hour. (via Fit Foodie Finds)
7. White Bean, Fennel and Chorizo Salad: Peppery arugula complements the flavors of chorizo, fennel and red onion perfectly, while creamy white beans provide some serious staying power. (via Kitchen Konfidence)
8. Burrito Bowl Salad: Think of all the time (and money) you’ll save if you pack this zesty jar in your lunchbox instead of waiting in line to order one from the local burrito chain. (via Strictly Delicious)
9. Asian Zoodle Salad: Sweet, sour and a touch spicy, this zucchini noodle salad will give your taste buds a welcome afternoon wakeup. If you’re craving carbs, though, go ahead and try this double noodle version on for size. (via Foxes Love Lemons)
11. Rainbow Salad With Avocado Hummus: The only downside to this colorful salad is that it’s almost too pretty to eat. A nice bonus: If you have any avocado hummus left over, it’s just as delicious scooped up with chips or crudities. (via Oh My Veggies)
13. Cucumber Noodle Salad: We’re no strangers to adding cucumbers to our salads, but cutting them into noodles is a fun change of pace. But it’s the creamy sweet and sour poppyseed dressing that will keep you wanting more. (via Nosh and Nourish)
15. Carrot Noodle Salad With Sweet Chili Vinaigrette: This bright selection of veggies is positively chock-full of seeds — both hemp and sesame — and nuts to keep you satisfied. (via Nosh and Nourish)
16. Brown-Butter-Roasted Peanut and Asian Pear Salad: You may want to make a double batch of the brown-butter-roasted peanuts; they’re just as delicious as a snack to munch on solo. (via Cook the Story)
Have you ever tried making a Mason jar salad? Share your tips, tricks and favorite flavor combos below!