16 Savory Brown Butter Recipes to Make for Dinner
It’s pretty incredible just how well brown butter plays with dishes both sweet and savory. Here, we’re focusing on the latter half of the equation with 16 scrumptious recipes that are more suited for a main course than dessert. Set the table and dig in, but be warned: Things are bound to get a bit nutty.
3. Brown Butter Pasta Salad With Brussels Sprouts and Ricotta: Ricotta and brown butter offer just enough creaminess to this pasta salad flecked with flash-roasted Brussels sprouts and bacon. (via Bacon Egg Cheesecake)
4. Sweet Potato Gnocchi With Balsamic Brown Butter: Ricotta and sweet potato team up to create these delicious dumplings that only need a quick toss in a simple brown-butter sage sauce before serving. (via Just a Taste)
5. Poached Egg With Crunchy Quinoa and Balsamic-Brown Butter Asparagus: We’re loving this combo as a satisfyingly healthy way to start the day. The asparagus is brilliant enough to serve as a side with other dishes, as well. (via Aida Mollenkamp)
6. Brown Butter, Honey and Jalapeño Skillet Cornbread: Still looking for the best cornbread recipe out there? For fans of cheese with a hint of heat, this one may very well be it. (via Cookie and Kate)
7. Crockpot Bacon and Goat Cheese Stuffed Pork Tenderloin: The finishing touch for this succulent, stuffed tenderloin is a delicious brown butter, apricot and sage sauce. (via Crock Pot Gourmet)
10. Brown Butter Brussels Sprouts Pasta With Hazelnuts: Whole wheat pasta and brown butter complement one another oh-so-well. A generous helping of Brussels sprouts and crunchy, chopped hazelnuts make it a complete meal. (via Two Peas and Their Pod)
11. Sweet Potato Fries + Brown Butter Marshmallow Sauce: Wavering between sweet and savory, it would be a shame to pass up this innovative — and let’s face it, irresistible — play on the usual sweet potato casserole. (via Wright Kitchen)
15. Creamy Baked Rigatoni With Butternut Squash Goat Cheese: Each bite of this baked pasta tantalizes your tastebuds with its well-balanced combination of sweet, nutty and tangy flavors. (via Foodess)
When it comes to cooking with brown butter, do you prefer to keep things sweet or savory? Tell us all about your taste preferences below!