Dinner to Dessert: 16 Recipes Made With Chickpeas
Chickpeas. We’ve been fans of them forever in the form of falafel and hummus, but there’s so much more that the tiny garbanzo bean is capable of. These 16 recipes showcase a selection of ingenious ways that you can cook with these leading legumes. Featured in everything from salads to snacks to guilt-free desserts, it’s easy to pack a little more protein into your diet all day long!
4. Snickers Eclairs: A blend of flours is key to creating gluten-free baked goods that pass for gluten-ful ones. Garbanzo-fava is just one used to create airy eclair shells. Piped with a whipped peanut butter filling and drizzled with ganache and caramel, these are one indulgent treat. (via A Sage Amalgam)
7. Buffalo Chickpea Mac ‘n’ Cheese: We’re always looking to add another mac ‘n’ cheese recipe to our rotation; this vegan variety, punctuated with crunchy buffalo-sauced beans, surely makes the cut. (via Vegan Yack Attack)
8. Green Goddess Enchiladas: Roll up these spicy chickpea tomato chile filled tortillas topped with a kale and Greek yogurt sauce for a healthy take on a comfort food fave. (via Eats Well With Others)
9. Chicken + Chickpeas With Pistachio Couscous and Goat Cheese: Thirty minutes, one pot and a few pantry staples are all you need to cook up this flavorful dish — perfect for spicing up your weeknights. (via Half Baked Harvest)
13. Strawberry Salad With Lemon Roasted Chickpeas + Lemon Shallot Dressing: A sprinkle of roasted chickpeas is a terrific swap for croutons atop this spring salad. Simply sub the strawberries with another fruit when they’re out of season to transform it into a year-round recipe. (via Edible Perspective)
What’s your favorite way to use a can of chickpeas? Have you ever experimented with any uncommon applications? Chat with us in the comments!