Modern Twists on an Ancient Food: 19 Unconventional Hummus Recipes
6. Healthier Stuffed Peppers: Stuffed with basil hummus, these Italian-inspired bites make for a great do ahead appetizer, one that’s especially great to serve if you’re entertaining known double dippers! (via She Knows)
8. Savory Hummus Waffles: Any type of waffle makes for a terrific dinner in our book, but these savory ones are something special. The hummus goes into the batter! Top them with a tasty feta, avocado, red onion, tomato, and parsley salad for a satisfying meal. (via Dramatic Pancake)
14. 3 Layer Hummus: Whether you work though this dip layer by layer or scoop all three flavors at once — roasted red pepper, plain, and jalapeño-cilantro — is up to you. It’s terrific any way. (via The Clever Carrot)
15. Ginger-Garlic Hummus: With support from soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili-garlic sauce, and ground star anise, we bet you’ve never tasted a bean spread quite like this gingery, garlic-y version. (via Bon Appétit)
18. Spicy Wasabi Grapefruit Vegetable Rolls: Use rice paper or nori to wrap up these wasabi hummus and produce-stuffed rolls that are sure to channel a springtime feel any time of year. (via Fo Reals Life)
Which of these out-of-the-ordinary recipes are you eager to try? Talk to us in the comments!