Modern Twists on an Ancient Food: 19 Unconventional Hummus Recipes
6. Healthier Stuffed Peppers: Stuffed with basil hummus, these Italian-inspired bites make for a great do ahead appetizer, one that’s especially great to serve if you’re entertaining known double dippers! (via She Knows)
8. Savory Hummus Waffles: Any type of waffle makes for a terrific dinner in our book, but these savory ones are something special. The hummus goes into the batter! Top them with a tasty feta, avocado, red onion, tomato, and parsley salad for a satisfying meal. (via Dramatic Pancake)
14. 3 Layer Hummus: Whether you work though this dip layer by layer or scoop all three flavors at once — roasted red pepper, plain, and jalapeño-cilantro — is up to you. It’s terrific any way. (via The Clever Carrot)
15. Ginger-Garlic Hummus: With support from soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili-garlic sauce, and ground star anise, we bet you’ve never tasted a bean spread quite like this gingery, garlic-y version. (via Bon Appétit)
18. Spicy Wasabi Grapefruit Vegetable Rolls: Use rice paper or nori to wrap up these wasabi hummus and produce-stuffed rolls that are sure to channel a springtime feel any time of year. (via Fo Reals Life)
Which of these out-of-the-ordinary recipes are you eager to try? Talk to us in the comments!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!