In Season Alert: 18 Pomegranate Recipes for Winter
Packed with vitamins and antioxidants, it’s fortunate that pomegranates — much like our beloved citrus — come into their prime during cold season. These 18 picture-perfect recipes are sure to give you a little immunity boost while tickling your tastebuds at the same time. Enjoy using the seeds, juice and more in everything from baked goods to gorgeous salads to hearty roasts and braises. The versatility of this sweet-tart winter fruit is sure to amaze!
3. Pomegranate Scones: Pomegranate arils are a welcome change of pace from the usual dried cranberries. They provide scones a similar tart touch in a rouge package, but with an added juicy burst. (via Lauren Kelp)
4. Pomegranate Cupcakes (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free): It’s hard to believe that these cupcakes are gluten free, dairy free, eggless, peanut free AND tree nut free. The pocket of pomegranate jelly tucked underneath a layer of fluffy vanilla frosting is a stunning surprise. (via Petite Allergy Treats)
5. Rosewater Chicken: These juicy marinated chicken thighs are delicious served over a bed of fluffy couscous. After plating, a fragrant pomegranate molasses dressing is drizzled over top. #Flavortown (via Simple Provisions)
7. Strawberry, Pomegranate and Hazelnut Cake: The assortment of fruit and nuts provide this healthy cake with wonderful flavor. In other words, you can feel good about enjoying a slice or two for breakfast. (via Renée Kemps)
8. Pomegranate Beef Short Ribs: Your slow cooker is the key to making these short ribs incredibly succulent without much thought required. Keep things low(er)-carb by serving them alongside cheesy, riced cauliflower. (via Floating Kitchen)
13. Orange Pom Fizz: Give the mimosas a rest and enjoy this seasonal sip instead. It features the orange flavor we love, but with an extra dose of booziness and tang, courtesy of orange liqueur and pom juice. (via Brit + Co)
15. Avocado and Whipped Feta Toasts With Pomegranate Relish: Shallots and pistachios take this pomegranate relish in a welcome, savory direction. The mix of creamy and crunchy elements going on in each bite is a delight for the senses. (via The Whole Bite)
16. Holiday Mascarpone Tarts With Almonds and Pomegranate: You’ll love how refrigerated pie crusts helps to get these tarts on the table in a flash. Even better, they’re a great make-ahead and practically no-bake dessert for your next celebration. (via Cooking and Beer)
17. Cocoa Pavlova With Pomegranate Seeds: Put those extra egg whites to use in this giant chocolate meringue. A pile of Nutella-enhanced whipped cream adds a touch of luxury to the equation. (via Annie’s Kitchen)
Let us know, how do you enjoy cooking or baking with pomegranates? Do you prefer the seeds or juice or perhaps sticky pom molasses?