Are you a crepe fan? Then you’ll love this ultimate breakfast meets dessert meets PSL mash-up. Introducing, the Million-Layer Pumpkin Crepe Cake. As its name would suggest, this decadent and festive cake features lots and lots of layers. Thin, buttery, pumpkin-y layers that bring to mind warm, cozy feelings, cinnamon spice and everything nice. Read on to see how you can make this masterpiece!
- 4 cups milk
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 8-ounce container mascarpone
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
1. Combine milk, butter, eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla in a large bowl.
2. Use a hand mixer to combine all the ingredients until well blended.
3. Slowly add the baking powder, sugar, salt and spice.
4. Mix until homogenous, then let sit for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the mascarpone filling.
5. Combine the mascarpone, pumpkin puree and brown sugar with a hand mixer. Add a sprinkle more pumpkin pie spice if you want extra pumpkin-y flavor. Refrigerate while you make the crepes.
Then, make the crepes.
6. Heat a small, nonstick pan over low heat. Add a pat of butter when the pan is heated.
7. Drop about a tablespoon of the crepe mix into the pan, swirling the pan so it’s coated with batter.
8. Cook until it’s lightly browned, then flip over to the other side. It should take less than 2 minutes per crepe. Let each crepe cool.
Assemble the crepe cake.
9. Make sure to put the first crepe layer on whatever cake stand or plate you want to serve in.
10. Spread a thin layer of the mascarpone filling on the crepe. Top with another crepe. Repeat until the cake is done!
Start off by mixing all the wet ingredients together. Then add the dry ingredients and blend. Combine the mascarpone, pumpkin puree and brown sugar together to create the filling.
Slowly add a dollop of crepe batter into a pan on low heat. Slowly swirl until it coats the pan. Heat until lightly browned and let cool. Compile the cake by spreading the filling on one layer, then top with another layer of crepe. Repeat until all done!
Hello, amazing cake!
Top off with sprinkles to add to the cheer!
Oh yeah. Check out those layers!!
Show us your crepe cakes on Instagram with #iamcreative.