The Fashion Week fun isn’t over yet! Day five may have been our favorite yet, with designers like 3.1 Phillip Lim, Rosie Assoulin, Jeremy Scott and Proenza Schouler showing off their latest wares. OMG-worthy ensembles ran rampant, with impeccable details like structural skirts, over-the-top statement earrings, imaginative prints and ballet-inspired style essentials (like the most epic tulle skirts ever — we’re looking at you, Carolina Herrera), leaving little to be desired. Below, we’re taking you through our five favorite looks from the day, serving them up alongside shoppable pieces you can pick up now to rock the runway IRL.
Usher your style into the golden age a la Oscar de la Renta with shimmery separates in fluid silhouettes that will do your #OOTD routine proud. (Photo via Slaven Vlasic/Getty)
1. Zara Metallic Fine Pleated Skirt ($70): Set the gold standard for your new go-to nine-to-five getup with a pleated metallic skirt that’s all kinds of sophisticated. Team it with an oversized button-down, statement earrings and high-shine wingtips for an ensemble that’s guaranteed to garner more than a few nods of approval.
2. Chicos Khloe Earrings ($29): No ensemble is complete without a touch of glitz, and these dangly gold drops are just itching to get in on a little desk-to-drinks action. Toss them on a with a gilded skirt, silk cami and embroidered jacket for a day-to-night look that always delivers.
All Patent Everything
The Jeremy Scott catwalk is always a feast for the eyes, and the Spring/Summer 2017 collection was no different. While the futuristic sunnies and graphic prints were among some of the most standout details to make their way down the runway, it was this sleek patent jacket that truly caught our eye. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
3. Monki Patent Coat ($138): Sayonara, standard trench. Trade out your everyday outerwear from something sleeker and sassier, like this panache-packed patent coat that will chase the wardrobe blahs away. Whether you rock it on your morning commute or layer it over your essential GNO duds to paint the town red, rest assured it’ll turn more than a few heads. The only thing missing? An equally as eye-catching set of steppers.
Color Blocking and Statement Sleeves
The verdict is in, and Spring/Summer ’17 is shaping up to be a gold mine of scene-stealing prints. There are the usual suspects like florals and statement stripes, but this time around, color blocking is making a major comeback, lending a touch of ’80s-inspired flair to knit dresses and skirts. Tired of your tried-and-true Breton stripes? Take this bold print out for a test drive, and pair it with some eye-catching, runway-approved sleeves. (Photo via JP Yim/Getty)
4. Topshop Colour Block Stripe Midi Skirt ($80): Hit refresh on your weekend style routine with bold stripes and a dash of color blocking. Play with proportion for max perfection and team it with a half-tucked oversized tee, streamlined sneakers and a lived-in utility jacket.
5. Aticle Dolman Sleeve Balloon Blouse ($110): If the runway is any indication, statement sleeves are going to blow up come spring. Get ahead of the curve by adding this balloon-sleeved crop blouse to your lineup stat. Style alongside streamlined separates for a serious dose of cool-girl contrast.
Overalls and Off-the-Shoulder Blouses
’90s cool with a RN twist? Sign us up! This lazy-girl-approved ensemble seen on the 3.1 Phillip Lim runway effortlessly comes together in seconds, but the effect is straight-up cutting edge. Metallic mules and don’t-care hair are a must. (Photo via Albert Urso/Getty)
6. BDG Zip-Front Straight Overall ($79): Overalls continue to maintain their socially acceptable status in the new season, with visually intriguing iterations like this zip-front stunner coming out on top. Tees and sneakers make for an easy breezy weekend look, while pumps and flirtatious toppers (think: ruffle-neck blouses and sheer styles) take the denim onesies straight into after-hours territory.
7. ASOS Tall Off Shoulder With Ruffle Sleeve Top in Dark Floral ($52): Basic tees are great and all, but when you’re looking to set Insta (and the fashion world) on fire, you need something with a little more pizzazz. With its shoulder-baring silhouette and dramatic fall floral print, this billowy blouse has an endless supply of wear-(almost)-anywhere appeal.
Tulle Skirt and T-Shirt
Carolina Herrera seriously knocked this one out of the park. Fusing three major of-the-moment trends — ballet beautiful, ’90s grunge and athleisure — this modern, ladylike look is what dreams are made of. (Photo via JP Yim/Getty)
8. Zara Frilly Tulle Skirt ($36): Whether you consider yourself a grunge goddess or a SATC fanatic, a textured tulle skirt is a welcome addition to any closet. Our favorite way to wear it? With pared-down pieces like comfy pullovers and combat boots, for a next-level look that will take you from early morning coffee runs to the front row like that.
9. Forever21 Abstract Embroidered Tee ($15): Enter the cropped tee your fave high-waisted pieces have been missing. Pop this printed number on with a tiered tulle skirt and cozy cardigan for an unexpected off-the-clock ensemble, or rock it with belted trousers and a jacquard blazer for a polished look with undeniable It-girl flair. Menswear-inspired kicks are non-negotiable.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.