Long gone are the days of straining your eyes all day just to avoid having to sport a pair of specs in public. For a few years now, glasses have not only been cool, but possibly even overly trendy. To anyone who’s been repeatedly asked if your prescription glasses are real, you know what we’re talking about. And while you can now rock all four of those eyes in style, it’s also becoming increasingly easy to own more than one pair thanks to the slew of online shop specializing in affordable eyewear. If you’re looking to switch up your frame game, take a gander at these 8 online eyewear shops with glasses so trendy they’ll have you ditching those pesky contacts in no time.
1. Warby Parker: Unmistakably the head honcho of the online eyewear market, Warby Parker is full of fun frames with a modern and vintage spin. While a handful of their frames are similar to what you might find at similar sites, Warby Parker gained its popularity with their free at-home try on, where you can pick up to five frames and have them sent to you to test out for a week.
2. Coastal: If you’re somebody who likes a lot of options, head straight on over to this site. Coastal has tons of trendy plastic frames as well as pages and pages of simpler, more classically styled options as well. With loads of specs under $49, this spot definitely wins for affordability. (image via The Look Blog)
3. Lookmatic: Very similar to Warby Parker, Lookmatic offers super on-trend styles without the hefty price tag. Most frames come in at $99 and come with free shipping. While they don’t offer a try-on box, they do offer a virtual, 3D try-on using your webcam and a 15-day money back guarantee if you decide you don’t like them.
4. BonLook: To anyone who’s a sucker for a good collaboration, this brand has created frames with A Beautiful Mess AND Keiko Lynn. Our hearts just exploded a little bit. All the frames are stunning, but we’re particularly fond of these super unique champagne lenses for $99 (prescription included).
5. Eyefly: Eyefly, an offshoot of the popular online boutique Bluefly, is all about giving you a good deal. Here you’ll find frames designed by Christian Siriano coming in at just $124, and tons of other on-trend specs, all for about $94. Currently Eyefly only offers a virtual try-on, but an at-home try-on is promised to be coming soon.
6. Ozeal: If you’re a sucker for retro styled frames, this is the spot for you. They offer a few frames on the more expensive side, like these purple cat eyes ($155), as well as some more affordable – although equally trendy – options like these chunky tortoiseshell frames ($70).
7. Classic Specs: Warby Parker, watch your back. This site offers all of Warby Parker’s incentives (trendy frames and at-home try-on) for about $10 less! Classic Specs also donates six percent of each purchase to the charity New Eyes for the Needy.
8. Jins: We’re marking this innovative Japanese eyewear brand as one to watch. They hit this year’s CES with a pair of smart glasses to help you from falling asleep at the wheel and are also starting to set up shops stateside. While you can buy frames online, their site isn’t currently very English friendly. But hey, if you spot a pair you totally love, it just might be worth opening up Google Translator in a new tab or recruiting a Japanese-speaking friend. Bonus: They’re opening up their first stateside locale in San Francisco… right down the street from Brit HQ ;)
Do you know of a super cool place to buy glasses online? Share your secrets with us in the comments below.