Shopping for quality cycle gear that’s also stylish can be such a chore — ya feel me, bike babes? Jerseys are either too pretty, full of floral prints that seem more at home on an apron, or way too tough, like carbon copies of drab dude’s gear cut for pear shapes. So we were seriously wow-ed by this collection of cool, colorful and totally modern-looking cycling tops that us gals would actually want to ride in (don’t be surprised if you try to strike a pose in one of these pieces at your next spin class). ‘Cause yeah, we totally deserve to get decked out in flair that’s as flashy as our fixies.
1. Twin Six The Queen of the Mountain Jersey ($59): Um… a polka dot jersey? With contrast spots on the back pockets!? Lucky us, we don’t have to ace the mountain stage to don this flashy number — just click “buy now” ;)
2. Terry Mandarin Jersey Sleeveless Plus ($89): The stripes aren’t the only awesome asymmetrical feature on this sleeveless jersey — the neckline unzips at an angle to provide constant chest coverage as you increase your ventilation. Total win.
3. Velocio Wind Vest ($159): This windproof vest is tailored to fit your body like a second skin, giving you near-superhuman powers to press on against the elements bulk-free.
4. Mavic Gennaio Long Sleeve Jersey ($43): Whether you use it as a base layer, mid-layer, or even on its own, this lightly-insulated, color block jersey is sure to keep you out of the chill zone.
5. Twin Six The Climber Jersey ($59): Hold the phone, an ombre chevron bike jersey? We’re floored by this trendy top that boasts such a modern sensibility. We’ll take one for every gal on our team!
6. Rapha Women’s Rain Jacket ($310): Confession: my boo and I regularly trek to Rapha to stare at their immaculate cycling lines in person — the striking colors, those clean lines, THIS rain jacket! Serious cyclists, go ahead and treat yourself to this fully waterproof piece.
7. Terry Peloton Short Sleeve Jersey ($90): We’re drooling over this bold splatterpaint-printed jersey that boasts multiple ventilation features including a full-length front zipper and mesh underarms. You’re pretty much guaranteed a comfortable ride in this semi-fitted piece.
8. Velocio Mid Jacket ($209): If you’re consistently cycling in cooler climates, then this stretchy thermal jacket is a must-have. Push through the cold with its windproof front panels and high neck collar that’s color blocked to perfection on the inside.
9. Giordana Arts Sleeveless Jersey ($95): This jersey is part of Giordana’s Art collection, which offers “original and feminine” graphics in limited editions so that it’s easier to amp up your kit. We totally approve of this soft striped number, piped in an eye-catching red — get it before it sells out!
10. Gore Bike Wear Countdown SO Hoodie ($90): Whether you’re a casual rider or a velodrome pro on her day off, this windproof hoodie is the ready-to-wear layer you’ve been waiting for. Besides all of the cool technical specs (windproof outer layer, abrasion-resistant elastic hem to name a couple) our favorite feature HAS to be that the hoodie has a PONYTAIL OPENING!
11. Rapha Women’s Hi-Vis Gilet ($175): Don’t leave for your night ride without this high-visibility vest in Rapha’s signature pale pink. Be sure to pair this ultra reflective piece with a boss bike light to round out your road safety game.
12. Terry Bella Tunic ($72): Yes, this racerback tunic proves that there IS such a thing as trendy cycle gear! With a built-in bra and rear zip pocket, it’s the ultimate top for cruising along the boardwalk or really, on any ride if you’re just a girly girl at heart.
What are your go-to cycling brands for jerseys, jackets and other bike-centric apparel? Which tops on this roundup caught your eye? Are there any cool, modern pieces out there that we missed? Tell us in the comments below.