10 Crowdfunds of the Week That’ll Make You Say “Take My Money”
Okay, guilty pleasure announcement: We LOVE browsing through Kickstarter and Indiegogo for the latest and greatest finds (don’t worry, even Taylor Swift does it). From girlboss films to multi-functional workout gear, there’s always something new to discover. Plus, supporting innovative small businesses is definitely a bonus. Here are 10 cool crowdfunds that we definitely can’t wait to support.
1. Toasteroid: Jazz up your morning routine with this cool toast tech (yes, that’s actually a thing). The Toasteroid allows you to burn designs, messages and drawings into your toast using their complementary smartphone app. Can you say best brunch plans ever?!
2. Pilot Smart Earpiece Language Translator: If you’ve ever met a cutie that doesn’t speak the same language as you, this new earpiece translator just might be the lifesaver you’re looking for. Say goodbye to awkward Google translate conversations — the Pilot Smart Earpiece will instantly translate your conversations for seamless small talk.
3. LVL: We’ll be the first to admit that there are tons of health wearables on the market, but this chic bracelet stands out for one major reason. LVL is a wearable hydration monitor that scientifically measures how much you need to drink to stay at peak capability (plus it tracks activity, sleep, mood and heart rate too).
4. MOTI: Everyone wants to be able to say that they actually stuck with their New Years resolutions this year, but breaking a bad habit can sometimes feel impossible. Meet MOTI, the habit breaker extraordinaire. Based on the latest insights from behavioral science and social robotics, MOTI sets reminders, celebrations and accountability all through the cute-sized device.
5. Hustle: There’s no question that we love a good planner (we even have adorable planner stickers to really get creative with it). Hustle takes everything we love about planners, but instead of using tons of traditional paper, it’s made entirely from stone paper (AKA no water, acid or airborne, water-borne or solid waste is used to make it).
6. Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls: Inspire the young lady in your life to live boldly with this awesome collection of 100 bedtimes stories about 100 extraordinary women, illustrated by 100 female artists.
7. Keep Pursuing Project Zero G Backpack: If you’ve ever gotten a backache from carrying around too much stuff in your bag, you have to check out this new product from Keep Pursuing, pronto. Claiming to be the first backpack designed to make 20 pounds feel like 10, it’s perfect for the over-packer and long-haul traveler.
8. OLO: There’s no question that 3D printing is the must-have tech of the future, but many designers can’t actually use it properly because it is just too darn expensive. OLO is the first ever smartphone 3D printer that costs just $99. It’s portable, multi-material… and definitely on our Christmas list.
9. BioRing: As much as we love our wearables, most of them are chunky and, to be honest, just plain ugly. BioRing is a simple wellness wearable that automatically measures everything you could ever want (calorie intake, calorie burn, heart rate, sleep) while looking cool on your finger.
10. BiCable: Although we still don’t know how we feel about Apple nixing the headphone jack, we do understand their point about cords being a pain. The BiCable is a cord hater’s dream, as it’s basically an all-in-one cord that can charge just about anything (Android, iPhone, Beats Headphones… you name it).
Are you currently supporting any crowdfunds? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.