10 New Healthy Cookbooks to Add to Your Kitchen Shelf
If one of your New Year’s resolutions was to become healthier in 2017, you’re definitely not alone! Tons of people have decided to make 2017 their best year yet. Since healthy eating is so much more than swapping soda for fruit-infused water, or even buying less takeout and making more healthy dinners at home, we put together a list of fabulous feel-good cookbooks that were published in the last six months. Scroll on to discover books with delicious recipes and knowledge that’ll help you achieve your health goals!
1. A Rainbow of Smoothie Bowls by Leigh Weingus ($15): This colorful book features 40-plus drool-worthy photos and has more than 100 unique smoothie bowls for you to taste test. With simple blends that combine fruits, veggies, nuts, and seeds, you’ll become a quick study in smoothie bowls like Matcha Vanilla, Blueberry Watermelon Kiwi, and Nutty Avocado Raspberry in no time at all.
2. Eat With Intention by Cassandra Bodzak ($25): You might have heard about the idea of eating with intention, but you don’t know what it means. This cool, nontraditional cookbook by wellness teacher Cassandra Bodzak doesn’t require you to cleanse or make any diet-based changes. All you need to do is enjoy the 75 plant-based recipes and their accompanying mantras to eat with purpose, fuel your body, relax your mind, and open your heart.
3. The Yoga Kitchen by Kimberly Parsons ($25): Eat an ultra-balanced diet as you make your way through this vegetarian and gluten-free cookbook, which is divided up by chakras like Ground, Flow, Vitalize, Nurture, Strengthen, Calm, and Pure.
4. Deep Nutrition by Catherine Shanahan MD ($28): Since trendy diets are all the rage, it’s easy to forget about more traditional healthy foods. Dr. Shanahan, a nutrition consultant for the Los Angeles Lakers, reminds us all about the benefits of eating fresh foods and avoiding sugar. This is a must-read if you’re an athlete — or just want to the have energy and strength of one.
5. Healthy Gut, Flat Stomach by Danielle Capalino ($18): Feeling sick? Your gut *might* actually be to blame. This book, written by a registered dietitian, dives deep into digestive issues to help you figure out what’s making you feel less than great. Her gluten-free diet and sample meal plan are designed to defeat problems that range from flat-out discomfort to bloat.
6. Eat Beautiful by Wendy Rowe ($30): Glowing from the inside out is a concept we’ve always loved, and this book by a longtime makeup artist extraordinaire is chock-full of secrets for both feeling and looking great. Don’t miss the deets about the best (and the worst) foods for your skin type (hello, red wine!) or the beautiful foreword by Sienna Miller.
7. Blissful Basil by Ashley Melillo ($22): Who knew a person could do so much with basil? Prepare to be mind-blown by this book, which incorporates the herb into more than 100 seriously delicious dishes. Paleo and Whole30 eaters, rejoice! Within these plant-powered pages, there are tons of recipes free of added sugar.
8. Nutrition Stripped by McKel Hill ($24): McKel Hill, one of our fave bloggers, is a registered dietitian nutritionist AND a wellness coach who’s all about simple foods and their many benefits for your body. We love her consistently fresh take on whole foods and how to make them tasty and fun, as well as super creative recipes that call for the power foods we love to try, like turmeric milk.
9. Naturally Nourishedby Sarah Britton ($30): This book is perfect for vegans, vegetarians, gluten-free eaters, and new cooks. We adore Britton’s simple style, which highlights the most fantastic flavors in everyday ingredients. So yummy!
10. The Moon Juice Cookbookby Amanda Chantal Bacon ($30): Author Amanda Chantal Bacon founded one of Los Angeles’ most-adored wellness boutiques, Moon Juice, and shares a ton of her cash-saving, healthy-living secrets in these pages. Some of the topics she covers include alkalizing ingredients, herbs, raw food, and “unbakery” doughs. If nothing else, you’ll love trying out recipes like “Hot Sex Milk,” “Pulp Brownies,” and “Chocolate Chaga Donuts.”
Which healthy cookbooks are your faves? Show us on Instagram @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Getty)