11 Must-Have Holiday Gift Trends Under $50
‘Tis the season for gifting, whether or not your wallet is ready. Whether you’re spending the final few weeks of 2016 hitting up the sale rack or planning on DIYing all your holiday ornaments, there are certain trends you *have* to get in on this year. Before you start baking those legendary Hanukkah cookies, find a few gifts to fit any budget. We’ve rounded up our favorite 11 gift trends that won’t break the bank.
1. Bright Faux Fur: There is nothing better than a pop of playful color in the dead of winter. We’re crushing hard on bright faux fur like these ASOS Faux Fur Bright Pink Earmuffs ($18) or NastyGal Faux Fur Keychain ($18).
2. Playful Socks: Apart from the practical perks of cozy winter socks, adult-friendly yet quirky options are trending this season. Go festive with Nordstrom “Kiss Me” Socks ($15) or infuse a little magic into their holiday with ASOS Holidays Unicorn Socks ($13).
3. Festive Leggings: Step aside, Christmas sweaters — holiday-inspired leggings are the festive fashion trend of the moment. Whether you’re hosting a holiday party or just want to step up your Christmas morning Insta game, these ModCloth Swell on a Holiday Leggings ($25), Forever21 Holiday Print Sweater Leggings ($20) or Tipsy Elves Christmas Light Leggings ($28) are everything you need to pull it off.
4. Virtual Reality Gifts: For the gamer or the novice gamer on your list, virtual reality gifts are here to stay. Gift something that will keep your friends and family entertained way into the New Year. Try the Immerse Plus Virtual Reality Headset ($32) or the Avalon Virtual Reality Headset ($59).
5. Chic AF Flasks: Help them get their merry on in style this year. Flasks have taken on new stylish shapes and styles, like this Areaware Bracelet Flask ($35) or Areaware Liquid Body Flask ($60). Cheers!
6. Modern Gift Boxes: Step aside baskets, gift *boxes* are here to stay. We’re loving the perfectly giftable themes of Little Box of Rocks ($38), the give-back angle of the Gratitude Collaborative boxes and the artisan-made Little Market North Pole Gift Box ($35).
7. Girl Boss Inspired Gifts: Whether she’s working on her latest side hustle or she’s a full blown #bosslady, girl boss gifts are it. Try a Girl Boss Nameplate ($28), Feminist With a To Do List Pin ($12) or Sweetwater Decor Boss Lady Pen Set ($15) to show how much you respect the hustle.
9. Colorful Planners: From coworkers to your lovely mama, anyone on your list will benefit from a fresh 2017 pretty planner. Buy a Ban.do 17 Month Classic Agenda ($20) or personalize your own BlueSky Planner or Journal ($25). One less thing to check off their to-do list!
11. Cross-Stitch Gifts: The old school and handmade vibes of the latest cross-stitch craze gives us all the holiday feels. The Innocent Bones Unicorn Fan Club Cross Stitch Kit has sold out, but you can DIY your own version, or pick up the YesStitchYes YAY! Motivation Hoop ($15).
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.