11 Ways to Wear Green for St. Patrick’s Day Without Looking Cheesy
Ah, St. Patrick’s Day: With all its fanfare, parades, and crazy traditions (Chicago has ALREADY dyed its river green), it’s no wonder that even those with zero Irish heritage clamor to get in on the fun. There’s one area of celebration that’s a little trickier to master, however; at least if “Kiss Me, I’m Irish” shirts aren’t exactly your thing. Yep, we’re talking St. Patrick’s Day fashion. Primary greens aren’t for everyone, but not to fret — we’ve got you covered. Here are 11 ways you can rock the hue without looking super cheesy.
1. ASOS Deconstructed Ruffle Cold-Shoulder Blouse With Tie ($55): If you’re gonna go for it, GO for it: This cold-shoulder blouse fully embraces the spirit of the holiday while offering a fashion-forward spin on the hue.
2. Zara Printed Kimono ($129): This floral duster gives you just enough green to not get pinched (is that still a thing?) while maintaining your status as a fashionista.
3. Madewell Silk Button-Back Tie Tee ($85): Anything but basic, the silk fabric, tie-front, and buttoned-up back of this tee lead to an overall look the site describes as a “party in the front, party in the back situation.” We’re all for it.
4. Rolla’s Lily Dress ($149): Get a jump on the perfect maxi this season with this Kermit-green version, complete with a self-tie waist. It’s, dare we say, ”Gone with the wind style fabulous.”
5. Forever 21 Classic Trench Coat ($43): You’ll want to wear this classic trench far beyond St. Pat’s. What better springtime go-to, no?
6. Gemma Suede Flats With Pom-Poms ($118): Made of suede with a leather lining, these pom-pom flats are just as comfy as they are cute. Must. Buy. Now.
7. Kimchi Blue Heart of the Ocean Sweetheart Mini Dress ($69): We love the sweetheart neckline of this flattering mint frock. It’s also a more subtle way to get in on the celebration for those that just can NOT get into shamrock green.
8. Coach Turnlock Saddle Bag ($495): Splurge though it may be, this leather stunner will set you apart from the pack with an eye-catching hue that makes black look totally boring.
9. Ralph Lauren Signature Pony Glasses ($160): Everything’s coming up green in these sunny staples you’ll be wearing all year long.
10. Topshop Peg Trousers ($85): Pair these bright green bottoms with a leather jacket and sneakers to take them from office-ready to street-chic.
11. Free People Hair Glitter ($10): If green’s really not your thing, and you can’t seem to get on board, $10 will net you this mint hair glitter for a hint of sheen you can rock in a less obvious — but still totally cool — way. And not to worry: It comes out easily, so you won’t be strobing unnecessarily for days afterward.
How do you wear green? Tell us over @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photo via Zara)