Between the pinching (wear green, people!) and the partying, St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect time to have a little fun in March. Letting loose means finding the perfect opportunity to put your DIY skills to the test and make an awesome creation or two. On the hunt for what to create this time around? Well, if punny St. Patrick’s Day tees or Lucky Charms Bars aren’t enough, check out some of our favorite green- and rainbow-filled DIYs below.
1. DIY Pot O’ Gold Rainbow Box: Looking to brighten someone’s day? There’s nothing better than receiving a little treat box like this one. It looks super intricate, but it’s actually really easy to make. Add a few mini boxes and gold coins to your cart then add on the adorable printable. (via Oh Happy Day)
2. DIY Shamrock Straw Toppers: Straw toppers are the new cake toppers these days, which means a St. Patty’s Day version is a total must. Cut out a few shamrocks and slide them onto green straws to amp up the festive vibes. (via Martha Stewart)
3. DIY Lucky Poppers: Party poppers are great for any holiday. Celebrate with this DIY option if you’re having a few friends over for St. Patty’s. Crepe paper and a little confetti are about to kick your party up a notch. (via Studio DIY)
4. DIY Banner: This banner is #holidaydecoratinggoals, and the best part is it’s super easy to make. All you need to do is print a few Irish-themed pieces and hang them on a string with binder clips. Pro tip: The secret to making this banner show-stopping is to layer your pieces of paper on top of each other to add more dimension. (via Paging Supermom)
5. DIY Candy Popper: Party poppers + candy = YAS. Follow this tutorial if you’re on the hunt for the perfect addition to the St. Patrick’s Day care package you’re sending… or if you’re just looking to have a little fun on the green-filled holiday. (via The House That Lars Built)
6. DIY Pot of Gold: You can’t go wrong with a terra cotta pot or two. Whip up this DIY pot o’ gold and pop in your favorite gold-wrapped candies for a St. Patty’s Day decoration that’s just as cute as it is classy. (via The 36th Avenue)
7. DIY Flower Crown: While you can use this tutorial to make a flower crown for any holiday, it’s extra perfect for St. Patrick’s Day. Add crepe paper, pipe cleaners and ribbon to your list and get ready to create the most beautiful St. Patty’s Day accessory ever. (via Oh Happy Day)
8. DIY Polka Dotted Lucky Banner: Who can say no to a banner? DIY this polka dotted one using wooden tags and sharpies. Not only can you make this banner on a budget, but it’ll also leave your space feeling super festive. (via Typically Simple)
9. DIY Shamrock Paper Fans: If you’re in need of something for your kids, opt for these super-easy-to-make shamrock fans. Made from a couple wooden sticks and scrapbook paper, your little ones will think they struck gold when they see what you made for them. (via A Subtle Revelry)
10. DIY St. Patty’s Day Cups: These DIY glasses are the ultimate festive-meets-cute addition to your get-together. To make them, break out your Silhouette cutter and some vinyl and create your favorite pattern. From there, all you need to do is peel and stick your design. Your friends are about to be seriously impressed. (via Sarah Hearts)
11. DIY Clover Cards: Create clover cards using the bottom of a plastic bottle and a little green paint. It’s obviously ideal for sending on the lucky day, but the stencil is also a great way to decorate your space. Frame one (or four) to go on your gallery wall to make it festive AF. (via Crafty Morning)
12. DIY Bottle Labels: You’re probably going to either be hosting or attending a little get-together on the holiday. Put your hand-lettering skills to the test and take your drinks over-the-top with DIY bottle labels. Your pals will totally give this presentation an A+. (via Brit + Co)
13. DIY Shamrock Streamers: If you’re running out of time to decorate for your party, make these simply DIY shamrock streamers. Fold the streamers back and forth, draw on a shamrock shape and cut it out. Make sure to avoid cutting too much of the folded edges. Once it’s unfolded, you’ve got a decoration that’s ideal for the holiday. (via Studio DIY)
14. DIY Mini Gifts: Looking to send someone a little gift on St. Patty’s? Snag a jar at the craft store, fill it with their favorite green candies and pop on this printable. It’s pretty and thoughtful. (via Simply + Kierste)
Want more St. Patty’s Day DIYs? Head over to our Pinterest where we pin on the reg.