13 of the Best St. Patrick’s Day Parades in the US
Get your green t-shirts and beers ready: St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner, people! Though we’re sure you’ve got the food, booze and your duds for the day covered, you need a place to go. If your hometown isn’t down with the shenanigans and malarkey, pack your shamrocks and head to one of these cities that’s known for their St. Paddy’s Day festivities.
2. New York: Like to be where the party’s at? NYC’s parade welcomes up to two million people annually. That’s A LOT of lucky people sham-rocking out for St. Patrick’s Day. (via Allison Joyce/Getty Images)
3. Kansas City, MO: We love KC’s homemade take on parading. Families, businesses and individuals can all contribute their own floats or acts to the parade, and the best floats are decided by the community. (via KC Irish Parade)
4. Savannah, GA: Keeping with the expectation of the south being laid back, Savannah’s parade offers reserved bleacher seats for spectators to sit on. No sore feet here, and everyone can see, so everyone wins. (via Stay in Savannah)
5. New Orleans, LA: The Big Easy isn’t just a Mardi Gras spot, y’all. NOLA also holds a pretty kick-ass St. Paddy’s Day parade, complete with the city’s signature beads. (via St. Patrick’s Day New Orleans)
6. Austin, TX: The city known for community and innovation — think SxSW — also has a great celebration going on for St. Patrick’s Day. Part parade, part festival and all fun, the festivities in Austin will keep everyone in your family smiling. (via Dale Rempert/St. Patrick’s Day Austin)
7. San Francisco: You know we couldn’t leave the home of Brit + Co HQ off this list! Dressed-up trolleys, colorful displays and warmth (We’re looking at you, New Englanders) await. (via SF Tourism Tips)
9. Hot Springs, Arkansas: Blink, and you’ll miss it. This little town keeps things short and sweet, boasting the world’s shortest parade. Bonus: You’ll have lots more time to drink! (via Shortest St. Pats)
10. San Diego: Head to what the locals call “America’s Finest City” for the largest parade in the west. This year’s lineup promises floats, dancers, vintage cars, roller derby and even clowns, so there’s truly something for everyone. (via St Pats Parade)
12. Oahu: It may not be on the mainland, but Hawaii’s got a pretty sweet parade going on. If you’re looking to get more out of your visit, take a short vacay and check out the block party or the Aloha Tower Marketplace celebration. (via Beyond Honolulu)
13. Boston: History buffs: Boston is calling. Head to Beantown to catch the longest-running St. Patrick’s Day parade around, even beating Ireland to the punch. Hit up the Harpoon Brewery when you’re done, and you’ve got yourself a ballerific day of festivites. (via South Boston Parade)
What will you be doing on St. Patrick’s Day? Tell us where you’re headed in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)