12 All-American Recipes for the 4th of July
We couldn't be more excited for the 4th of July. Whether you're attending a potluck, throwing a barbeque, or just packing a picnic basket to catch some fireworks, these All-American recipes are sure to get people feeling mighty patriotic.
1. Sliders: Burgers are obviously a central component of American cuisine. The best part about sliders? You can make them in different flavors (bacon and avocado? Yum!) and still have room for dessert! (Recipe and photo: Jenny Steffens)
2. Apple Pie Push Up Pops: “It’s as American as apple pie” is a cliche for a reason… This classic All-American pie turned push up pop is the perfect way to end a summer barbeque. (Recipe and photo: The Little Foodie)
3. Mac and Cheese Muffins: As yummy and classic as mac and cheese is, it’s probably time to graduate from the blue box. These mac and cheese muffins are a great twist on the quintessential comfort food. (Recipe and photo: Brit & Co.)
4. Spiked Lemonade: Nothing says summer in the good old U.S. of A. quite like sipping lemonade on your front porch. This grown-up version of the drink is the perfect combination of boozy and refreshing. (Recipe and photo: Big Girls Small Kitchen)
5. Mini Banana Cream Pies: We love bananas because they’re a great source of much-needed potassium. We love banana cream pie because it’s delicious. And we love these mini banana cream pies because they’re adorable, bite-sized, and yummy! (Recipe and photo: Iowa Girl Eats)
6. Buffalo Wings: Is there anything more American than chilling at a sports bar and eating Buffalo wings? Channel that deliciousness at home with this recipe. If you’re looking to take this tradition to the next level, check out our buffalo chicken pot pies. (Recipe and photo: The Culinary Chronicles)
7. Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich: Speaking of dessert, nothing can really compete with a good, old-fashioned chocolate chip cookie. This summer update on the classic will satisfy your sweet tooth and keep you cool. (Recipe and photo: Family Spice)
8. Grilled Cheese Kebabs: We love experimenting with different takes on grilled cheese. It’s such a yummy and versatile food. We think these grilled cheese kebabs are perfect for outdoor munching. (Recipe and photo: Brit & Co.)
9. Lemon Lavender Potato Salad: No barbeque or picnic is really complete without some All-American potato salad. This light and refreshing twist is great for summertime. (Recipe and photo: Running to the Kitchen)
10. Dog-less Corn Dogs: We’re huge fans of food on a stick, and nothing channels the American county fair aesthetic better than a corn dog. These “dog-less” corn dogs are great, especially if you’re not a huge hot dog fan but still into fried fare. (Recipe and photo: Pepper.ph)
Are we missing any foods that make you want to chant U.S.A.? Let us know in the comments below or share your thoughts over on Twitter.