17 Rooms That Are Nailing the Desert-Chic Decor Trend This Winter
As Old Man Winter moves in for the season, it’s a perfect time to warm up your space with this desert-chic trend. Plainly put, cold temperatures are no match for the warm hues, inviting tones and playful patterns that this look brings. The best part? It’s ultra versatile. Contemporary aesthetics are enhanced by its bold colors, the feminine decor is grounded by its neutral tones and cool color palettes are brought to life with Southwestern flair. With these looks, no style stone is left unturned. So if this season has you chilled to the bone, warm up your senses with a Southwestern sensibility.
1. Modern Mix: If you think a contemporary aesthetic can’t beautifully complement this trend, think again. This modern shade of blue paired with gold accents looks all kinds of luxe against a Southwestern backdrop. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. Desert Slumber: Keep the winter chill at bay by bringing warm desert vibes into the bedroom. It’s the perfect recipe for a cold weather retreat. (via Loom + Kiln)
3. Cool Colors: Just because your color palette leans toward cool doesn’t mean you can’t get down on this idea. Cacti have never looked better. (via Yellows)
4. Eclectic Mix: If yours is a more eclectic aesthetic, we found your new design best friend. Desert decor is a wonderful way to add visual interest to every nook and cranny that could use a little more lovin’. (via French by Design)
5. Furry Fun: Desert-chic shines like no other when it comes to playing with different textures. From fuzzy to prickly and everything in between, it’s ripe for tactile touches. (via Amber Interiors)
6. Subtle Touch: A little goes a long way. This throw pillow and small plant are all you need to bring this look to life. (via Style Me Pretty)
7. Floral Fun: It’s not all prickles and thorns. Fresh flowers make beautiful accents to the warm, Southwest hues of this trend. (via Style Me Pretty)
8. Bold and Beautiful: Mix and match colors and tones to really make this style pop. Here, hot pink is an unexpected choice that packs a striking punch. (via The Style Files)
9. Old and New: The nostalgia of old Western style paired with contemporary pieces is a sight for design-thirsty eyes. Layer up old and new to add depth to any design. (via Glitter Inc.)
10. Pretty in Pink: A dusty pink hue is feminine, romantic and every bit chic. Is there any aesthetic this trend can’t complement? (via Katie La Vie)
11. Pattern Play: Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes! Patterns pair perfectly with a desert design, so play to your heart’s content. (via Baba Souk)
12. Neutral Hues: Bring new life to basic beige with the neutral hues of the desert. Rich browns, sandy tones and sweet succulents are a match made in desert heaven. (via Front + Main)
13. Mid-Century Modern: Mod colors practically beg for a little Southwest lovin’ to make them that much richer. Add a cactus or three to a mid-century design to round out the look. (via chicdeco)
14. Soothing Slumber: The warm tones and touch-worthy textures of this style instantly make a bedroom more inviting. Add a few fluffy pillows and some greenery to give yours a taste of the desert.
15. Top to Bottom: You can go for Southwest accents, or you can set the whole scene like this gorgeous room. Either way, your home will be happier for it. (via Vintage Revivals)
16. White Background: All-white backgrounds are a blank slate waiting to be made merry with this idea. And all you need are a few small, natural accents to make a big impression. (via My Domaine)
17. Magic Minimalist: Rather than cram your space full of furniture, consider filling it with cacti instead. This bedroom is soft and soothing all thanks to this prickly pair.
Looking for more ways to warm up your nest this winter? Follow us on Pinterest!