23 Ways to Mix Patterns in Your Home Decor
QUIZ! Are you color crazy like us? Are you always looking for ways to incorporate more color into your home? Are you daring and adventurous when it comes to decorating? If you answered yes to one (or all) of those Qs, you’re in the right place. Mixing prints in your home (yes, just like in your wardrobe) can easily add lots more color and give you the opportunity for some daring decorating. Let’s mix it up and take a look at these 23 patterned rooms for some inspiration.
4. Kid-Friendly Colors: When children are present, you probably don’t want shabby chic florals, right? Use all the brights you can find in different prints for a space that’s meant for play. (via Jelanie)
6. Bright Rugs: Rugs can make a great statement piece and bring a whole room together. Not to mention they can add another pattern. Add new patterns in small doses starting with pillows. (via The Design Chaser)
7. Black and White: If you’re thinking that mixed patterns aren’t chic enough for your home, think again. You can even achieve the look in black and white and still make a big statement. (via Eclectically Vintage)
9. Solid Canvas: If you are just dipping your toe in the print-mixing world, choose a solid base color to create a canvas for all your patterns, and mix in a classic like black and white stripes. (via Emily Henderson)
10. Neon Pop: Adding neon to a room is the easiest way to add a bright color pop of color. Keep it poppin’ throughout a large room that serves multiple purposes, from the floors, to the shelves, to the accent colors and accessories. We dare you to try it. (via The Design Files)
18. Patterned Pillows: It’s a good thing pillows are comfy, because they come in every pattern and color you can imagine. Use that to your advantage and mix it up with wall art and even coffee table accessories that continue the mixing-matching theme. (via House of Fifty)
Do you have any pattern-mixing tips? Or do you prefer to stick with just one? Tell us below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)