23 Ways to Mix Patterns in Your Home Decor
QUIZ! Are you color crazy like us? Are you always looking for ways to incorporate more color into your home? Are you daring and adventurous when it comes to decorating? If you answered yes to one (or all) of those Qs, you’re in the right place. Mixing prints in your home (yes, just like in your wardrobe) can easily add lots more color and give you the opportunity for some daring decorating. Let’s mix it up and take a look at these 23 patterned rooms for some inspiration.
4. Kid-Friendly Colors: When children are present, you probably don’t want shabby chic florals, right? Use all the brights you can find in different prints for a space that’s meant for play. (via Jelanie)
6. Bright Rugs: Rugs can make a great statement piece and bring a whole room together. Not to mention they can add another pattern. Add new patterns in small doses starting with pillows. (via The Design Chaser)
7. Black and White: If you’re thinking that mixed patterns aren’t chic enough for your home, think again. You can even achieve the look in black and white and still make a big statement. (via Eclectically Vintage)
9. Solid Canvas: If you are just dipping your toe in the print-mixing world, choose a solid base color to create a canvas for all your patterns, and mix in a classic like black and white stripes. (via Emily Henderson)
10. Neon Pop: Adding neon to a room is the easiest way to add a bright color pop of color. Keep it poppin’ throughout a large room that serves multiple purposes, from the floors, to the shelves, to the accent colors and accessories. We dare you to try it. (via The Design Files)
18. Patterned Pillows: It’s a good thing pillows are comfy, because they come in every pattern and color you can imagine. Use that to your advantage and mix it up with wall art and even coffee table accessories that continue the mixing-matching theme. (via House of Fifty)
Do you have any pattern-mixing tips? Or do you prefer to stick with just one? Tell us below!