19 Short-Hair-Don’t-Care Hairstyles You’ll Fall in Love With
We all have those moments when our brush just will not do its job — leaving us with a mess of tangled hair and broken dreams. Rather than reaching for the leave-in conditioner (again), it might be time to take matters into highly skilled hands with a much-needed haircut. That’s right, chop those long locks and try a short haircut on for size this season. From A-line bobs to pixie cuts, it seems everyone from T-Swizzle to BadGalRiRi is taking the “short hair, don’t care” look by storm. So go ahead, switch it up, be brave and shed some layers! Trust us, once you’re all chopped up there’s a whole new world of totally adorbs short hairstyles to try!
1. Beautiful Bouffant: This bouffant meets bedhead pixie cut is perfectly styled with just the right amount of “I woke up like this” swagger. Wear long earrings to accentuate your neck and dark eyeliner to complete this look a la Orange Is the New Black‘s Ruby Rose.
2. Short Silver: Guys, this is the life we want to live. Sitting there smiling in our chunky blue sweater with just a touch of mascara as we rock a subtle A-line bob in the hottest shade of gray. Bonus points for that amazing messy top knot!
3. Curl Me, Pretty: If you’re blessed with perfect ringlets, try a shoulder-length cut with a dramatic side part. Tease the top for maximum volume and pair with a sweeping neckline and a deep shade of red lipstick.
4. Pixie Punk: Go for the gold, er silver, courtesy of a punky pixie cut like this Instababe. Keep the top layers long so you can switch up your style, while the sides stay short for an easy, breezy everyday ‘do.
5. Shagadelic: Try out a choppy, overgrown pixie with this season’s must-have shaggy bangs to achieve French-girl meets boho-babe status. We love the contrasting textures of this luscious lace top with this gal’s perfectly teased mane.
6. Smooth Curls: Fall weather calls for cozy sweaters and low maintenance do’s! We love the middle part (which is all the rage this fall) with this wavy shoulder-length cut. Spice up this sweet look with a statement lippie and heavy liquid eyeliner FTW.
7. Angled Lob: All. The. Drama. Take a more angled approach with this subtly side-parted A-Line bob. Blow dry with a large curl brush to maintain the sharp line and sleek finish.
8. The Long and Short of It: Ditch predictability for this edgy, asymmetrical bob. Try your new cut on for size and don’t forget to add color. We love this crimson-red hue and peekaboo bang that is equal parts soft and sultry.
9. Highlighted Bob: Why choose one color to complement your natural hue when you can sport them all?! Cut your locks in short layers toward the back of your head and opt for longer, chunkier layers in the front. Finish the whole look off with large voluminous curls that add dimension to your multi-tone highlights.
10. Less Is More: Don’t be afraid to “raze” the roof a little. And by that, we mean to take it in tight with a soft razor cut on the sides! Go makeup minimal except for the lashes to accentuate this cute cut.
11. Mid-CurlLob: Balayaged blondes and brunettes alike will look gorg with this subtle and curled lob. We love this look because it’s versatile enough for day or night and can be rocked with natural waves or styled straight.
12. Teased Beachy Shag: Shag meets pixie in this sweeping short cut. Bring beachy vibes straight through to fall via this effortless look.
13. FabFade & Flip: Undercuts for everyone! This look takes the best of both worlds — ultra short on the sides with a thick wave of side bangs that bring out your inner rocker.
14. Side to Side: Asymmetrically bobbed hair with a subtle side part is where it’s at for fall. Tuck one side behind your ear to show off your simple layers. Accessorize with lots of earring studs, but only on one side!
15. Curly Coif: Have curls galore? No problem! Tame your tresses with shears and then tease to achieve this overgrown pixie that is perfect for this season. Pair with a ’90s-inspired choker, because, let’s face it — they’re back with a vengeance and look great with short hair.
16. Feather-Cut Fabulous: We can’t get enough of this multi-colored back-combed feather cut. Complete the look with faux fur, lace and big hoop earrings. ‘Cause… #goals.
17. Pink Puff: Channel your inner rockstar with this amazing pastel pink undercut. Don’t forget the faux leather jacket and bright magenta lipstick to complete your pink lady look.
18. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang: Short styles reach new heights in this romantic cut that features overgrown bangs and voluminous layers for the win! This look gives “bedhead” a whole new — and totes fabulous — meaning.
19. Fearless Curls: Yes, please!! Is your hair super curly but don’t want to go ultra short? Try this tapered style with rich coils that are intertwined for natural hair amazingness.
Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.