Whether you’re too busy planning a Halloween party or too lazy to dress up, there’s always a need for t-shirt costumes. They’re simple, straightforward and *SO* comfy, it’s really unfair to everyone else. With so many t-shirt costumes to choose from, you’ve really won the lottery for a creative last-minute costume. Take your pick from instant superheroes to pop culture icons and classic Halloween monsters. Scroll on for more t-shirt costume ideas that’ll guarantee a stress-free Halloween. Because we know that you just can’t even deal with anything else right now.
1. Urban Outfitters Project Social T Pumpkin Tee ($29): Slip on this tee and instantly transform into a cute jack-o’-lantern. Throw on some black accessories for that classic Halloween color combo and you’ll be ready to take on fright night.
2. ASOS HALLOWEEN T-Shirt With Slime Print ($26): There’s nothing like some oozy green slime to get you in a spooktacular mood. The best part of this costume is it’s open to interpretation. (i.e. Ghostbusters‘ Slimer or a toxic spill are a couple of ideas.)
3. Spirit Halloween Pokémon Trainer T-Shirt ($25): Pokémon Go made waves this year, which means you will too when you rock this tee at the upcoming Halloween party. Part your hair into pigtails to channel Misty or go with a baseball cap for Ash.
4. Modcloth Meow-Sourcing T-Shirt ($35): Show off your love for cats with this top that says it all. It’s okay; your friends will accept you — crazy cat obsession and all.
5. TeesAndTankYouShop Hocus Pocus Amuck Sweater ($18+): Your childhood would not be complete without this classic Halloween film. Pay tribute to the Sanderson sisters with this comfy Halloween-meets-Christmas sweater that’s as fun as it is festive.
6. DC Comics Wonder Woman She Can Do It Girls T-Shirt Plus-Size ($29): This Wonder Woman-meets-Rosie-the-Riveter shirt is all kinds of awesome. Rep girl power the best way you know how with this t-shirt that has a surprisingly empowering message.
7. Spirit Halloween Hunger Games District 12 Training T-Shirt ($40): You’ve got a *fighting* chance to win best costume with this Hunger Games-inspired t-shirt. Pair it with a braid, black pants and fierce Katniss attitude.
8. Urban Outfitters Future State Painted Rib Cage Muscle Tee ($24): Bare all in this skeleton print muscle tee. Take this costume to the next level by donning some crazy skull-inspired makeup.
9. Overstock Juniors’ Superman Faded Logo Royal Blue Graphic T-Shirt ($37): You can’t go wrong with a t-shirt featuring the classic Superman logo. Even better, pair up with your BFF and have them go as Superman’s superhero BFF Batman!
10. Hot Topic Star Trek Sciences Costume Girls T-Shirt ($23): You’re an explorer at heart, so it’s no wonder this Star Trek shirt speaks to you. Let everyone know you rep team #Starfleet on and after Halloween with this tee. Bonus points if you do the live long and prosper sign as you greet people.
11. FanThreads Stranger Things Ringer ($20): You and your friends aren’t *strangers* to this show. Rep the Netflix fave with this simple ringer you can totally wear even after Halloween.
12. Mighty Fine Juniors’ Unicorn Costume Graphic T-Shirt ($24): Remember the Halloween that TSwift dressed up as a unicorn? Now you can be one too with only HALF the effort. Just put on a unicorn headband and you’re all set for the 31st.
13. Modcloth Whisker Nice Guy Sweatshirt ($50): You’re a cat. (duh) This soft pullover will have you feeling super snug while looking oh-so-cute. Seal the deal on your cat-transformation by popping on a pair of cat ears for the finishing touch.
14. Boohoo Roxy Halloween Cute But Psycho T-Shirt Dress ($20): Future BFs and GFs better watch out. Slip on this comfy t-shirt dress for an effortless costume on Halloween that doubles as everyday wear, given you’ve accepted your psycho tendencies ;)
15. Wildfox Halloween Wednesday Tee ($105): Just in case the lacy collar detail wasn’t enough, the “Wednesday” print will make sure everyone gets your costume. Slap on a vampy lip, part your hair into braids and have that RBF at the ready.
16. Modcloth Only Have Guise for You T-Shirt ($35): True, this t-shirt costume is more cute than spooky, but either way, it’s one you’ll want to wear this Halloween. For a more festive look, accessorize with black and orange jewelry or bottoms.
17. Hot Topic With Player 2 T-Shirt ($23): Planning on a couples costume with the S.O.? Celebrate your shared hobby with gamer-inspired shirts that read “I’m With Player 1” and “I’m With Player 2.”
18. Marvel Women’s Captain America Shield Marvel Logo Costume T-Shirt ($23): Be your own heroine in this officially licensed Captain America Faded Shield Navy T-Shirt. Complete the superhero vibes with matching leggings as tights and you’re guaranteed the comfiest Halloween EVER.
19. Killstar Resting Witch Collar Top ($58): Guilty of RBF? Turn it into your greatest asset with this punny tee featuring a silhouette of the RBF OG Wednesday Addams.
Looking for more ideas to get Halloween-ready? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.