19 T-Shirt Halloween Costumes for Lazy Girls Who Just Can’t Even
Whether you’re too busy planning a Halloween party or too lazy to dress up, there’s always a need for t-shirt costumes. They’re simple, straightforward and *SO* comfy, it’s really unfair to everyone else. With so many t-shirt costumes to choose from, you’ve really won the lottery for a creative last-minute costume. Take your pick from instant superheroes to pop culture icons and classic Halloween monsters. Scroll on for more t-shirt costume ideas that’ll guarantee a stress-free Halloween. Because we know that you just can’t even deal with anything else right now.
1. Urban Outfitters Project Social T Pumpkin Tee ($29): Slip on this tee and instantly transform into a cute jack-o’-lantern. Throw on some black accessories for that classic Halloween color combo and you’ll be ready to take on fright night.
2. ASOS HALLOWEEN T-Shirt With Slime Print ($26): There’s nothing like some oozy green slime to get you in a spooktacular mood. The best part of this costume is it’s open to interpretation. (i.e. Ghostbusters‘ Slimer or a toxic spill are a couple of ideas.)
3. Spirit Halloween Pokémon Trainer T-Shirt ($25): Pokémon Go made waves this year, which means you will too when you rock this tee at the upcoming Halloween party. Part your hair into pigtails to channel Misty or go with a baseball cap for Ash.
4. Modcloth Meow-Sourcing T-Shirt ($35): Show off your love for cats with this top that says it all. It’s okay; your friends will accept you — crazy cat obsession and all.
5. TeesAndTankYouShop Hocus Pocus Amuck Sweater ($18+): Your childhood would not be complete without this classic Halloween film. Pay tribute to the Sanderson sisters with this comfy Halloween-meets-Christmas sweater that’s as fun as it is festive.
6. DC Comics Wonder Woman She Can Do It Girls T-Shirt Plus-Size ($29): This Wonder Woman-meets-Rosie-the-Riveter shirt is all kinds of awesome. Rep girl power the best way you know how with this t-shirt that has a surprisingly empowering message.
7. Spirit Halloween Hunger Games District 12 Training T-Shirt ($40): You’ve got a *fighting* chance to win best costume with this Hunger Games-inspired t-shirt. Pair it with a braid, black pants and fierce Katniss attitude.
8. Urban Outfitters Future State Painted Rib Cage Muscle Tee ($24): Bare all in this skeleton print muscle tee. Take this costume to the next level by donning some crazy skull-inspired makeup.
9. Overstock Juniors’ Superman Faded Logo Royal Blue Graphic T-Shirt ($37): You can’t go wrong with a t-shirt featuring the classic Superman logo. Even better, pair up with your BFF and have them go as Superman’s superhero BFF Batman!
10. Hot Topic Star Trek Sciences Costume Girls T-Shirt ($23): You’re an explorer at heart, so it’s no wonder this Star Trek shirt speaks to you. Let everyone know you rep team #Starfleet on and after Halloween with this tee. Bonus points if you do the live long and prosper sign as you greet people.
11. FanThreads Stranger Things Ringer ($20): You and your friends aren’t *strangers* to this show. Rep the Netflix fave with this simple ringer you can totally wear even after Halloween.
12. Mighty Fine Juniors’ Unicorn Costume Graphic T-Shirt ($24): Remember the Halloween that TSwift dressed up as a unicorn? Now you can be one too with only HALF the effort. Just put on a unicorn headband and you’re all set for the 31st.
13. Modcloth Whisker Nice Guy Sweatshirt ($50): You’re a cat. (duh) This soft pullover will have you feeling super snug while looking oh-so-cute. Seal the deal on your cat-transformation by popping on a pair of cat ears for the finishing touch.
14. Boohoo Roxy Halloween Cute But Psycho T-Shirt Dress ($20): Future BFs and GFs better watch out. Slip on this comfy t-shirt dress for an effortless costume on Halloween that doubles as everyday wear, given you’ve accepted your psycho tendencies ;)
15. Wildfox Halloween Wednesday Tee ($105): Just in case the lacy collar detail wasn’t enough, the “Wednesday” print will make sure everyone gets your costume. Slap on a vampy lip, part your hair into braids and have that RBF at the ready.
16. Modcloth Only Have Guise for You T-Shirt ($35): True, this t-shirt costume is more cute than spooky, but either way, it’s one you’ll want to wear this Halloween. For a more festive look, accessorize with black and orange jewelry or bottoms.
17. Hot Topic With Player 2 T-Shirt ($23): Planning on a couples costume with the S.O.? Celebrate your shared hobby with gamer-inspired shirts that read “I’m With Player 1” and “I’m With Player 2.”
18. Marvel Women’s Captain America Shield Marvel Logo Costume T-Shirt ($23): Be your own heroine in this officially licensed Captain America Faded Shield Navy T-Shirt. Complete the superhero vibes with matching leggings as tights and you’re guaranteed the comfiest Halloween EVER.
19. Killstar Resting Witch Collar Top ($58): Guilty of RBF? Turn it into your greatest asset with this punny tee featuring a silhouette of the RBF OG Wednesday Addams.
Looking for more ideas to get Halloween-ready? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)