9 Stylish Costumes for Lazy Girls Who Hate Halloween
You laugh now, but Halloween will be here before you know it. AKA, if you don’t already have a costume lined up, you best be brainstorming. ‘Cause we all know what happens when you wait until the last minute — you end up going as Catwoman for the umpteenth time. When group costumes feel overly cheesy and DIYing your own creation is out of the question, why not use your high-fashion sensibilities to channel your inner Cher Horowitz or Blair Waldorf? Before you resort to any last-minute Halloween costume ideas, scroll down for nine lazy girl-approved Halloween costumes inspired by your favorite style icons. The best part: You can shop all these looks directly from the comfort of your own closet. #Winning
As if we could pass on the opportunity to dress like our favorite ‘90s style icon from Clueless. Cher Horowitz’s signature yellow plaid co-ord has not only been recreated by the likes of Iggy Azalea, but it’s more than fair game this Halloween.
1. ASOS Sleeveless Crop With Turtle Neck in Rib ($16): Fast-forward to 2016, and we think Cher would *totes* approve of this white mock neck crop top that breaks all the rules. Team it alongside tough-girl platforms and you’ll be in business.
2. Brooks Brothers A-Line Cotton Plaid Skirt ($298): A little bit more preppy than punk, this plaid A-line skirt is giving us serious Cher Horowitz vibes. To avoid twinning with Hillary Clinton, ditch the matching jacket for a white crop top with right now appeal.
3. T.U.K. Yuni Mary Jane Brogue Platform Shoes ($129): When combat boots read too edgy, don’t hesitate to take it there with a pair of towering Mary Jane platforms that don’t mess around. Between these bad boys and the ‘90s-style plaid, you’ve got the Clueless look down pat.
4. Urban Outfitters Sport Stripe Sock ($8): What’s a schoolgirl-inspired uniform without sporty striped crew-length socks? That’s not even a question.
Not only did David Bowie change music forever, but he was a certified trendsetter too. Chiara Ferragni’s tribute to the legendary rocker will make you want to throw on your fiercest leather moto jacket, pile on the sequins and paint a thunderbolt on your face.
5. Pull&Bear Leather Look Biker Jacket ($64): So. Much. YAS. If this red biker jacket doesn’t make you feel like a total rockstar, then we don’t know what will.
6. Halston Heritage Metallic Plunge Bodysuit ($195): You have a responsibility to David Bowie to take sartorial risks and stay true to the current zeitgeist. This risqué metallic bodysuit with a plunging neckline is the perfect testament to the glam-rock king.
7. Zara Leather Effect Leggings ($30): Remember, more = more. Rock a red haute look with these leggings that promise to dial up the drama like WHOA.
This very well could be the easiest Halloween costume yet. Besides an excuse to channel your inner bombshell babe on Halloween, there’s a 99% chance you already own everything you need to pull this look off.
8. Nasty Gal Spin Me Round Plunging Dress ($68): Reach sex-symbol status like that with this Marilyn Monroe-inspired white halter dress. The come-hither neckline and bustier style won’t go unnoticed at an upcoming costume party.
9. ASOS Showcase Pointed Lace Up Heels ($48): These lace-up heels not only bring the wow factor, but the sex appeal is undeniable. Now all that’s missing is Marilyn’s signature pincurls and a bold red lip.
TBH, we’re still not over the fact that Gossip Girl is over. Thankfully, we still have Blair’s impeccable style and quick wit to hold us down this Halloween. If you’re anything like us, you’ve been anxiously waiting to don your preppiest pleats and most prep-school blazer.
10. Reformation Rae Top ($128): Picture Blair telling off her minions on the steps of the Met — she would undoubtedly be dressed to the nines in a bow-neck blouse like this one. Part French-girl, part It-girl, this luxe top is speakin’ to our inner sophisticate.
11. Le Kilt for ASOS Mono Plaid Pleat Mini Kilt ($106): Only Blair could pull off a pleated mini kilt without looking like a wannabe Upper-East-Sider. Skip the Chuck Taylors in favor of refined loafers that slay from a.m. to p.m.
12. ASOS Velvet Bow Headband ($9): What is Gossip Girl without Blair’s extensive collection of DDG headbands? We call dibs on this lavish navy bow topper that would do Queen B proud.
13. Topshop Lucy Loafers ($48): Snazzy metallic loafers that lend major pep to your step? We’re so down.
14. ASOS Over the Knee Socks ($8): Details, people, details! Complete your head-to-toe Gossip Girl-inspired look with these black over-the-knee socks all the Constance girls are donning.
We’re low-key obsessed with this blogger’s interpretation of Katy Perry’s often-eccentric style. Take inspiration from the pop singer’s music video for California Gurls when putting together a totally over-the-top Halloween getup.
15. ASOS Bubblegum Blue Faux Hair Wig ($25): Blue hair, don’t care: Allow this to be your mantra this Halloweekend. Girls with blue bobs totally have more fun — don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
16. Pull Up a Cherry Dress in White ($65): Retro printed dresses are a staple in Katy’s kitschy wardrobe. We could totally see the songstress rocking this swingy cherry print dress alongside peep-toe pumps and red sunnies during a meet-and-greet with fans.
17. J.Crew Sadie Loafer Flats in Cherry Print ($128): Because when you have a cherry print dress, you might as well top it off with playful cherry print d’Orsay flats. *Adds to cart.*
When we grow up, we want to be the editor in chief of Vogue. But, actually. As it turns out, channeling Anna Wintour on Halloween is as easy as throwing on a streamlined shift dress, some pearls and classic pumps. Now if only we could get a stylish bob going.
18. ASOS Wiggle Dress With Split Front ($68): When Anna’s not sporting a tweed skirt suit to fashion week, she’s rocking a boardroom-approved sheath for an afternoon of meetings. This blush pink slit-front dress is actually straight-up goals. Complement it with a pair of Anna’s famous sunglasses (probs by Chanel) and the latest issue of Vogue for max perfection.
19. J.Crew Twisted Hammock Necklace ($98): Surely, Anna wouldn’t disapprove of a timeless strand of twisted pearls — especially when worn during Halloweekend.
20. Charles & Keith Classic Pumps ($39): No need for all the bells and whistles when you’re at the helm of Vogue. While they may not be Louboutins, these ladylike nude pumps will do just fine.
Wednesday Addams knows what’s up. If not for her all-black-err’thang uniform, then for her penchant for polished collared frocks and perfect braids. We’re telling you, she’s a girl after our own heart.
21. Ted Baker TIMU Embellished Collared Dress ($295): To reach Wednesday’s level of understated spookiness, a black collared dress with this much around-the-clock appeal is a must. Pare it down with dark eye makeup and a blank expression for the ultimate copycat look.
22. Charles & Keith Horsebit Loafers ($49): Naturally, a minimalist like Wednesday gravitates toward wardrobe basics — like a pair of these sleek menswear-inspired horse bit loafers. Just don’t forget black tights or over-the-knee socks, natch.
Between her iconic lashes, innovative pixie cut and often androgynous style, Twiggy is the ultimate fashion icon in our book. To snag this British supermodel’s style, all you’ll need is a mod A-line dress or retro frock on standby — and some OTK boots — for an extra-leggy look.
23. Line & Dot Twiggy Dress ($126): For legs that go on for miles, look no further than this tiered lace bodycon dress that’s DDG in its own right. It’s the delicate details that make all the difference.
24. KG by Kurt Geiger Trooper Chunky Flat Suede Over the Knee Boots ($339): Juxtapose your lace mini with these suede over-the-knee boots that are equal parts retro and ‘60s boho. Sign us up, please.
25. Trish McEvoy Instant Pick-Me-Up False Lashes ($22): Unless you’re #blessed with naturally long lashes, these falsies will have to do. Once you apply them, don’t forget to swipe on a coat of mascara to your bottom lashes for a high-intensity look.
This just in: It’s not too late to join the Kardashian/Jenner clan. The secret to transforming into Kylie this Halloween is actually quite simple — it’s all about athleisure for the self-proclaimed Lip Kit queen. That and good selfie lighting.
26. Missguided Square Neck Ribbed Zip Front Crop Top ($26): Flaunt what you’ve got with this midriff-baring crop top that shows off your best assets. The sultry style is probably too fab for workin’ up a sweat, but that wouldn’t stop Kylie from teaming it with leggings for a quick dash across town.
27. BDG Polly Flannel Button-Down Shirt ($49): Dialed-down basics, like this flannel button-down, are a mainstay in Kylie’s wardrobe — even if it’s just nonchalantly tied around her waist.
28. Danskin Space Dye Ankle Legging ($35): Werk it like Kylie with a pair of these space-dyed leggings that can be worn beyond the gym. It’s no wonder K is always lookin’ so fly.
29. Adidas Campus Sneaker ($70): Retro Adidas kicks reign supreme when it comes to this babe’s active lifestyle. Whether Kylie’s going on a hike with her sisters or hanging low with Kendall, these sporty sneaks are always in heavy rotation.
30. Adidas Original Trefoil Logo Snapback Trucker Cap ($20): Are you even a Kardashian if you don’t have at least one trucker cap in your collection? Round out your look with this Adidas baseball cap that’s SO Kylie. Blue mermaid-esque hair not required, but definitely encouraged.
Which style icon will you be channeling this Halloween? Follow us on Pinterest for more Halloweekend costume inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.