20 Must-Have Essentials for a Rustic-Chic 30th Birthday Party
There’s no better way to make your big 3-0 the best birthday yet than with an equally exciting party theme. If your 30th birthday falls in the cusp between summer and fall, turn it into the prettiest soiree ever with an elegant rustic-chic theme. Whether you’re eyeing the vintage-esque candles or leafy garlands, rustic chic is the perfect way to tie in your coming of age with a transition into fall. Check out 20 must-have 30th birthday party essentials to get your rustic-chic birthday party started.
1. Flower Crown: Gather your favorite blooms to create a special headpiece you can rock on your special day. Incorporate eucalyptus to give your floral crown its rustic touch. For a traditional rustic theme, stick to earthy tones, but if you’re feeling the modern vibes opt for brighter pops of color. (via Ian Joseph Jones / The Knot)
2. SunshineParties Gold Glitter Floral Watercolor Cupcake Toppers and Wrappers ($7): Make your cupcakes stand out as part of your party decor with beautiful floral cupcake toppers that you can download instantly, and pair with glitzy gold wrappers. Your guests will be in for some seriously pretty treats thanks to this upgrade.
3. Gold Painted Recycled Bottles: Rustic chic is all about breathing new life into old or vintage pieces. That’s why these gorgeous metallic gold-painted bottles will make the perfect centerpiece for your soiree’s charming decor. (via Sara & Rocky Photography / Wedding Chicks)
4. Lace + Wood Slice Centerpiece: Your floral arrangements will be the talk of the party with this gorgeous table display. The delicate lace runner balances out the rustic tree slices by giving it a chic and feminine touch. (via Hostess With the Mostess)
5. CreativeSenseCo 30th Birthday Banner ($8): You can’t have a rustic-chic-themed birthday party without a proper bunting banner, and this pink, coral and gold garland is just the one you want for celebrating your special occasion. It’s an instant download too, so there’s no need to worry about shipping or finding it at the store.
6. Pink & Gold Bottles Ring Toss: You’re never too old to have a few lawn games at your birthday party — especially when they look as sophisticated as this ring toss. To make your own: Spray paint used glass bottles pink and gold, then coat them with glitter. The result will be fabulous enough to reuse at any party, as part of a truly chic centerpiece. (via Honey Honey Photography / Style Me Pretty)
7. ModParty Personalized Chapstick Favors ($19, set of 16): A personalized touch is a big YES for any kind of gift. Customize your chapstick party favors with unique lip balm labels, to help your friends to remember your birthday party for months after.
8. GenWoo Custom Balloon Tassel Tail ($26, set of 12): If you’re a fan of stepping up your party’s aesthetic with texture and dimension, add tassel garlands to the ends of your balloons. They’ll elevate ordinary balloons to look every bit as chic as the rest of your decorations.
9. CynDetails Age 30 Cake Topper ($12+): Whatever birthday cake you’ve got, you can bet it’ll look even better with this sparkly cake topper sitting on top of it. It’s pretty but not over-the-top, which is perfect for the oh-so-classy 30-year-old you.
10. TaaraBazaar Antler Bottle Opener ($4+): Turn up with this *awesome* antler bottle opener you can also give out as party favors. Its blend of rustic functionality and elegant charm is just what’s needed to step up your birthday party decor.
11. Cake: Rustic cakes are kind of like minimalist cakes gone rogue. Think cakes with simple frosting and piping, topped with earthy garnishes like flowers, fruits and leaves. (via Sara Weir / Style Me Pretty)
12. 30th Birthday Invitation: Take on a simple approach to your birthday with invitations that still come across as rustic chic, like this invite featuring earth-toned watercolor lettering. If you’re looking for a tad more color, bring on the floral prints. (via Sara Weir / Style Me Pretty)
13. Table Setting: Planning on taking your party outdoors? Embrace the elements with a leafy garland table runner. The green, complemented with gold tableware, will gracefully tie your table decorations in with your surroundings. (via Ashley Sawtelle Photography / Wedding Chicks)
14. Chalkboard Balloons: You don’t need to stick to a chalkboard sign to welcome guests — instead, opt for a balloon! Use stencils, liquid chalk and black balloons to create your own floating chalkboards. (via Design Improvised)
15. Backdrop: Whether you’re sprucing up your dessert table or creating a photo booth backdrop, this gorgeous display of string lights, tulle and leaf garlands are must-haves for your rustic-chic theme. For a more celebratory look, hang a 30th birthday garland or banner across it. (via Sara Weir / Style Me Pretty)
16. Gold Utensils: Nothing elevates your table setting as effortlessly as gold cutlery. The modern metallics will balance out the vintage pieces in your table setting for a truly rustic chic setup. (via Sara Weir / Style Me Pretty)
18. Hanging Flowers: Give your outdoor decorations a whimsical touch with these hanging vases filled with flowers. To really sell the rustic theme, tie your vases from branches with twine. (via Butterfly Philosophy / Style Me Pretty)
19. Sparklers: The festivities don’t have to end just because the sun sets. Come dusk, bring out some sparklers to light up the night and make for some Insta-worthy snaps. (via Penni Lauren Photography / Rustic Wedding Chic)
20. ohMycharley Pink & Gold Fabric Backdrop ($79+): Create a gorgeous photo booth backdrop made of these pink and gold fabric garlands. To complete your party’s chic aesthetic, all you need are some picture-perfect photo booth props: Opt for gold or black mustache and hat cutouts, to keep it classy.
Are you reaching a milestone birthday this year? Check us out on Pinterest for more creative party ideas and inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.