New Year, New ‘Do! 17 Ways to Change Up Your Hair in 2015
2014, you were great, but we have to admit we’re pretty stoked about all the possibilities 2015 has to offer. You’re probably already scouting out the cutest gym attire to achieve those New Year’s fitness goals in, but we have a slightly different resolution in mind – one that doesn’t require a monthly membership. With a new year should come a new ‘do. Whether you’re looking for a new cut, color or just a fun hairstyle, here’s what’s we’re predicting will be big in the year to come.
1. The Shag: Take things back to the ’70s with this ‘do. Rock it with some heavy bangs for the ultimate shaggy look or tone it done and keep your face hair free. (via C-Heads Magazine)
2. The Medium Cut: The cut that’s popping up on women everywhere. This blunt, shoulder length chop is easy, chic and undeniably hip. We’re guessing your hairstylist has probably already mastered it. (via @kristin_ess)
3. Sweet Pixie: Thanks to Miley and J. Law, an edgy pixie cut really started to take off in 2014. We think 2015 will be much of the same, but perhaps with a bit more of an innocent edge. In contrast to the rock n’ roll bedhead we’ve grown to love, keep things ultra clean with this sweet style. (via Listal)
4. Ruffled Petite Cut: If you want to go a little shorter than the blunt medium cut, try this style that falls right above the shoulder line and is a little more textured. This cut looks amazing with a bit wave in it, so who better to show it off than the queen of wavy locks, Ms. Alexa Chung. (via @chungalexa)
5. Gray: Gray isn’t just for grannies anymore. The silver shade looks shockingly flattering on a younger generation. Whether you go for a deeper shade with hints of blue or more on the platinum end of the spectrum, this dye job is sure to stun. (via Love Aesthetics)
6. Deep Ash: Forget the ultra vibrant shades of 2014. Take it back to your grade school days with this subtle and au naturel shade of dirty blonde. (via Simon Priestley Photography)
7. Rose Gold: Not quite bronze, but metallic in its own right, we’re expecting to see a lot more of this color in 2015. Consider the brassy tone that’s a mix between red, pink and yellow an updated version of the strawberry blonde we saw everywhere in the ’90s. (via Flatnews)
8. Visible Roots: What used to be a major fashion faux-pas is now taking the main stage with some of the trendiest folks in the fashion world. Skip the ombre dye job and just let those dark roots show. (via Citizen Couture)
9. Babylights: If you’re not familiar with the term, babylights are delicate blonde highlights painted on using the balayage technique. The process gives hair color dimension, sort of like a blonde kid’s hair at the end of summer. The technique is designed to make hair look as natural as possible. (via @dominikagrnova)
11. Half Top Knot: Showing up everywhere, this style gives you the best of both worlds – sweep hair up out of your face while still keeping some of it loose. No matter your hair length, this is a quick and easy trend to try. (via Her New Tribe)
12. Perfectly Undone: With the exception of sleek ponytails, perfectly placed updos are totally out. Sweep your hair up in a purposely disheveled bun or twist to immediately evoke a carefree, windswept kind of beauty. (via Style.com)
13. Dramatic Side Part: This isn’t the angsty side part of your high school days. Sport this exaggerated part in a sleek pony or wear your hair down and keep the front secure with some decorative bobby pins. (via POPSUGAR)
14. Rope Braid: Whether it’s wrapped around your head or simply hanging low to the side, this easy and secure twist is the new fishtail. (via Refinery29)
15. Decorative Hair Pieces: This isn’t your standard hair pin. This gorgeous piece of metalwork instantly turns that basic bun into a unique updo. Whether you opt for something as bold as this or a statement hair clip, chunky hair adornments will be everywhere. (via Better Late Than Never)
16. Ribbons and String: With twists and braids still very much a part of everyday wear, adding in some lace, ribbon or colored embroidery string is an easy and non-permanent way to add some color and originality to a classic style. (via Once Wed)
17. Exposed Bobby Pins: Don’t worry about finding bobby pins that will perfectly match your hair color anymore. In fact, the more contrast the better — you’re going to want these hair staples to show. (via Cosmopolitan and Allure)
What are you planning to do with your locks in the new year? Share your ideas or tweet us a pic!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.