15 Ways to Use Pantone’s Colors of the Year in Your Living Room
Pantone’s 2016 colors took us a bit by surprise, but we are falling madly in love with the Rose Quartz and Serenity color combination, both on our bods and in our favorite stores. Our home is the next natural place to incorporate the hues, so we are taking to the living room for a little pastel + Pantone decor porn. Get inspired by these pastel-chic spaces and spruce up your living room just in time for the new year.
1. Serenity-Heavy: This design goes heavy on the blue, accented with splashes of pink and other lighter, feminine colors. The end result feels equal parts fresh, feminine and timeless. (via House to Home)
5. Black + Blue + Pink: On the other hand, black accents make rose quartz and serenity look more modern and minimalistic, especially when everything is as sleek and streamlined as the pieces in this space. (via SF Girl by Bay)
7. Glam Lamp: We had to include this dining room to show that you only need a small pop of rose quartz to transform an entire space. Bonus points if you add some metallic copper to complement the shade. (via Townsend-London)
11. Renter’s Paradise: Good news, renters: You don’t have to paint walls or woodwork to incorporate color. Instead, hang a picture in one hue and reupholster your couch in another, and voilà! You’re done in a single DIY weekend. (via Lonny)
12. Let There Be Light Pink: Rose quartz lights up a space on its own, but pairing it with natural light makes a room feel airy + bright. Add weight with darker serenity-hued furniture. (via Decoholic)
14. New Rainbow: Rose quartz and serenity go together better than PB + J, but they also go with other unique colors like chartreuse, salmon and dark teal – play around and punch it up. (via Stefanie Luxat)
15. Reupholstered in Rose: This vintage chair got a 2016 update with new upholstery. If you’re feeling crafty, you can do the same to that funky old armchair in your attic or basement. (via My Paradise)
How will you use Pantone’s top colors? Show us your space by tagging us on Instagram!