Sorry, we couldn't find anything 😔
Looking for sweet cookie recipes,
the latest fashion trends and inspo,
or a way to up your calligraphy game?
We'll help you find something amazing ✨
Planning your dream wedding takes a *lot* of work, which is why saying yes to the perfect dress shouldn’t feel like a chore. Instead, look at gown shopping like an opportunity to find your fairy-tale frock — an effortless ensemble that makes you feel like a queen. And because it’s a new year full of possibility and plenty of fresh trends, we asked bridal trend guru and Kleinfeld Bridal marketing director Jennette Kruszka what fabulous styles are totally en vogue this year.
1. Bell Sleeves: We’re seeing sleeves everywhere right now, and bridal fashion is no exception. Channel your most sensible princess and opt for whimsical layers, a deep V neck, and these oh-so-stylish bell sleeves.
2. Pants: The future of bridal fashion has arrived and it’s in the form of stunning, two-piece suits. Swap out the gown and make a statement in a pair of polished trousers and a sultry tank.
3. Simplicity: Gone are the days of totally off the wall and often immobile dresses. Instead, we’re seeing more focus on sophisticated, looser fabrics with draping cuts that highlight the natural silhouette and are sure keep you dancing all night long.
4. Detachable Trains: This genius design makes your dress that much more versatile. “Detachable skirts continue to grace the runway,” says Kruszka. “More and more brides are looking for two looks in one to go from ceremony to reception.” Instead of having to change into multiple outfits, brides can enjoy the luxury of the train on the aisle without letting it slow them down on the dance floor.
5. Lace: As timeless as it gets, lace is clearly not going anywhere. And although this year is no exception, expect a shift away from traditionally all-lace, ivory gowns. “This season we are seeing more blush colored fabrics, as well as metallic embellishments such as silver and gold embroideries,” says Kruszka. Yay for bling!
6. Capes: You don’t have to be a superhero to wear this style but it will surely make you feel like one! Capes add practicality and elegance to every bridal ‘fit — just ask trendsetting goddess Solange, who rocked a similar look at her 2014 wedding.
7. Illusion: Nylon netting isn’t just for veils. Much like the tulle styles we’ve been seeing on fashion week runways, illusion fabric is super IN right now. Gowns with illusory detailing are a very fashionable way of incorporating bridal flair like pearls and crystals to otherwise simple gowns.
Which bridal trend do you love? Be sure to try on ALL the styles and tag us on Insta @BritandCo!
(Photos via Kleinfeld Bridal)
Our Latest In Minimalist Bride
Most Popular on Brit + Co
La Croix Bathing Suits Are Here, Just in Time for Summer Parties
Costco Now Sells a $5 Acai Bowl… and It’s Dang GOOD
Target Now Has a Disney Beauty Collection & You’ll Want It All
Will These 21-Year-Old Twin YouTube Stars Be the Tipping Point for Girls in STEM?
The Busy Gal's Guide To Pin-Worthy Parties