30 Places to Take a Seat
When it comes to your home, every surface you work on, sit on, and sleep on should reflect your style and provide comfort after a long day at work. Sometimes that perfect chair is even better than a cozy couch, especially when you can curl up in it with the latest copy of The New Yorker or Vogue, and just want to get lost in pages of good writing and beautiful images. From Pantone folding chairs to a modern bean bag, here are 30 pretty places to take a seat.
1. Hanne Checked Armchair ($1,898): We always know to turn to Anthropologie when we’re looking for beautiful textiles and prints. This checked armchair has a subdued color palette without being boring, and would make a great statement piece in a living room or den.
2. Farmhouse Lounge Chair ($495): Who says farmhouse lounge chairs have to be rustic? Wait, what is a farmhouse lounge chair? Either way, we love the bright orange hue of this modern seat.
3. Leaning Deck Chair: Grab a wall and take a load off with this super simple deck chair. The anti-slip coated stand provides a safe grip on every surface.
4. Fancy Folding Camp Chair ($185): We told you there’d be glamping! For folks who like to rough it, but keep it fancy, this camp chair is just the thing.
5. Pantone Folding Chairs ($84): Speaking of folding chairs, how could we resist a Pantone mention?
6. Flip Furniture Coffee Cup: This piece turns into a table, small armchair, or higher chair with a low back. Love it.
7. Stitched Kantha Chair ($998): Another Anthropologie number, the textiles on both of these chairs are totally unique and vary chair to chair.
8. Stooler: We have to admit, the name “Stooler” could probably be improved, however accurate it might be. This handy gadget turns just about anything into a seat.
9. Eames Lounge and Ottoman ($4,499 – $5,999): Oh hey there Eames, you are always looking so iconic, especially in black.
10. Wine Cork Chair: Got a wine cork or two? ;)
11. Pinto Chair: A recliner that doesn’t actually look like a super lazy recliner? For real! We love this modern piece of veg-out furniture.
12. Marrakech Swing Chair ($199): Maybe you want more of a swing? This swinging seat is a great place to dream of far off lands and exotic getaways.
14. George Nelson Arm Chairs: Cabin-inspired textiles with minimal modern lines? Yes, please.
15. Steel-Armed Bend Chair ($799): This modern piece would be particularly great in a minimalist workspace.
17. Hans Olsen Egg Chair: An old school item that you can find in auctions every so often, this bright yellow egg definitely makes a statement.
18. Handmade Gold Eames Chair: For a gilded twist on an old favorite, we dig this gold Eames chair.
19. Eero Aarnio Ball Chair ($699): Speaking of iconic mod chairs, who can resist curling up in a ball chair?
21. Tou Chair: Think of this one as your old wicker chair gone military chic.
22. GT Rocker ($1,150): See? Rocking chairs can be modern.
23. Nara Chair: A beautiful set of chairs for a rustic aesthetic.
24. Faceted Bean Bag: It’s a bean bag and it’s geometric? Well done.
25. Ro Armchair: For a modern take on the wingback, these Ro armchairs are sort of squiggly, colorful, and very Jetsons-esque.
26. Flatpack Kerfchair: We love the juxtaposition of teal with raw wood, especially because it comes in flatpack form!
27. Y5 Chair: Created as a modern answer to to stacking chair, we obviously love the pink ombre version.
28. Truss Chair ($895): This one is like a contemporary take on mid-century modern, and we love the rich blue hue.
29. Rainbow Hanging Chair: So. Much. Color! We seriously need this at Brit HQ… along with that view.
Which of these chairs is your favorite? Seen any awesome chairs we should check out? Tell us in the comments below.