These 5 Serums Are Basically Miracles in a Bottle
On the surface, it’s easy to assume that summer is so not the season to add serum to your skincare routine. When the temps are in the triple digits, it’s a fresh face and not an oily one that everyone wants, and serums are — wait for it — oils. But you might be surprised to learn all of the hidden benefits serums have to help tone and balance your skin, making it the perfect warm weather antidote to fight damage from days spent in the sun. Whether you apply just before bed or during lazy days as you lounge around the house, these pressed serums might be the miracles in a bottle you’ve been searching for. Scroll on to check out five serums that are total must-haves for brightening and nourishing summer skin complexions.
1. Mullein & Sparrow Rosemary & Clary Sage Facial Serum ($48): Calling all serum newbies! If you’re just delving into the world of face oils, try this serum containing a lightweight formula that complements all skin types. This oil is a treasure chest of ingredients to help balance your skin, like primrose oil, which contains loads of fatty acids for treating dry skin, and black cumin seed oil, which nourishes skin with vitamins A, B and C.
2. BLITHE Velvet Yam Pressed Serum ($49): Hold up — yams in a serum, say what? ICYMI, mountain yam extract helps to replenish body fluids without leaving behind any icky oiliness. This pressed serum is packed with 68.5% of said extract, along with fermented oils like olive, macadamia and argan to melt into and moisturize skin in a flash.
3. CLARINS HydraQuench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase ($59): Anything with the word “quench” in the name is golden. Rescue skin on the verge of dehydration with the help of Inca peanut oil, hyaluronic acid and alfalfa to nourish and smooth. As an added bonus, this serum is invisible (!) and super comfortable on your face.
4. Botanics All Bright Radiance Serum ($14): Punch up summer skin with a little flower power courtesy of the hibiscus flowers in this serum’s formula. Aside from being pretty in pink, hibiscus flowers serve as mild exfoliators to energize and naturally leave skin glowing.
5. Benefit Cosmetics Specialist Instant Comeback Facial Serum ($46): It’s never too late to get cool for the summer and bring skin back to a healthy, rejuvenated glow. Filled with a tri-radiance complex, this serum’s formula acts as a bodyguard for your skin, working to protect it from toxins and visible signs of aging.
Got any miracle serums you swear by? Get more beauty inspo in a flash by following us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)