19 Serums That Will Revolutionize Your Overnight Skincare Routine
From the all-natural to the traditional, we’re willing to do pretty much anything to improve the quality of our skin. We wash our faces (well, nine times out of ten can’t be too bad, right?) and are careful to tone and lather on thick moisturizers to give our skin a boost. Our skincare routines are solid. But one step many of us miss or haven’t picked up on yet is nighttime serums or facial oils.
1. Herbivore Mini Facial Oil Set ($49): If you’re unsure about what oil would be best for your new overnight routine, give these three a try. Lapis is a friend to inflamed skin, while Phoenix meshes best with dry skin. Orchid helps preserve a youthful grow. No matter which you turn to, you’ve got a good friend in any of these oils.
2. Camp Skincare Yin Yang Balancing Facial Oil ($38): This facial oil’s blend of watermelon, argan, cherry kernel and pomegranate oils is just the lightweight before-bed treatment you’ve been looking for. It absorbs quickly, so don’t worry about having to stand around and wait for your face to dry before you can hit the sheets.
3. Apoterra Skincare Nourishing Serum ($35): More mature skin often loses elasticity and goes dry. Turn back the clock with assistance from rosehip, pomegranate and evening primrose oils.
4. French Girl Organics Neroli Facial Serum ($18): Steal a serum worthy of a French girl with this 90 percent organic and 100 percent vegan-friendly product. Loaded with rich ingredients like neroli, chamomile and aloe, it’s naturally anti-inflammatory and will reduce redness overnight.
5. Praerie Botanicals Rose Immortelle Cellular Regeneration Face Oil ($36): If you have a normal skin type — meaning your skin is pretty consistent and you don’t have any oily or dry patches — this face oil is a perfect match. With just four to eight drops, you’ll be hydrating your skin and combating dehydration like a pro.
6. Evy Jo & Co. Facial Serum ($25): Moisturizing facial oils rock because they can often do the work of your night cream. This serum pulls double-duty by both hydrating skin and taking care of acne thanks to its Australian lemon myrtle essential oil, which has antibacterial properties.
7. Candid Essentials Vitamin C Serum ($25, sale): If aging is your main skincare concern, this is the serum for you. Vitamin C takes care of dead skin cells, increases collagen production and encourages the growth of new skin cells, which smoothes skin and takes down wrinkles.
8. Luxe Repair Skin Serum ($10): This daily use serum includes a unique Power Cell Complex made up of rosehip seed oil, Malvaceae lipid extract and green coffee bean oil. Together, this complex nourishes, repairs and moisturizes skin.
9. Fig + Yarrow Facial Serum ($38): Balance skin and improve elasticity no matter your skin type with this blend of certified organic and virgin oils.
10. Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Vitamin C+ Serum ($115): If your aging skin is in need of a more intense boost, give this product a try. This serum full of vitamin C+ and plant collagen has 93 percent of users saying that their skin looks more resilient, smoother and brighter.
11. Estēe Lauder New Dimension Shape + Fill Expert Serum ($89): Plump uneven skin in less than a week with this smoothing serum. In just two weeks, you can expect a more tightly contoured face.
12. Fresh Seaberry Skin Nutrition Booster Serum ($45): You know how important it is to keep your body healthy with loads of antioxidants. Your skin needs the same attention! Get more luxurious skin with nightly help from this skin-booster.
14. Tatcha Gold Camellia Beauty Oil ($95): This magic oil is also effective when used on your hair and body. The presence of camellia oil and squalane works with 24-karat gold flakes to give you an irresistible glow.
15. Tata Harper Replenishing Nutrient Complex ($120): Any skin type will be happier alongside this blend of vitamins A, B, C, D and E. Re-stablize angry skin by applying before bed every night and following up with a nutrient-rich moisturizer.
16. Rothko and Lantow Night Owl Calming Serum ($12): Calm skin before bed with natural ingredients, and soothe yourself while you’re at it, thanks to the relaxing properties of lavender, chamomile and lemon essential oils.
17. 100% Pure Super Fruits Concentrated Serum ($45): Turns out that your outsides love fruit just as much as your insides. If you’re freaking out about wrinkles, use this serum to reduce the appearance of lines and increase firmness.
18. Elucx Eterna Face Serum ($32): Formulated with 12 organic essential oils, this serum will take care of dryness and rough skin with just a few drops before bed each night.
19. Flores Boticario No. 2 Night Repair Oil ($42): Say hello to this truly gentle moisturizer. The hemp seed, andirobia, borage, lavender and German chamomile oils present in this homemade product will ease your skin into a night of rejuvenation.
Which overnight skin-transformer are you going to try first? Let us know!