8 Herbal Face Serums for Glowy Skin Even in the Winter
Whether you’re a beauty buff or not, you’ve probably noticed that natural skincare is having a major moment. From mushroom beauty products to beauty products with broccoli seed oil, there’s no arguing that a lot of today’s beauty trends stem from nature. So it should come as no surprise that facial serums, which are must-haves for your winter skincare regimen, turn to herbs to boost their benefits for your skin. With a variety of different blends that help with ailments like dry skin and blemishes, there really is an herbal remedy for every skincare concern out there. Scroll on to check out eight of our fave herbal serums, all formulated with the intention of adding to your cold-weather skincare hack arsenal.
1. Josh Rosebrook Deep Hydrating Serum ($70): Hairstylist Josh Rosebrook might have started out as the master of hair care, but he has since become a household name for his natural beauty concoctions. This serum moisturizes your skin at a deeper level thanks to its unique blend of herbs like Slippery Elm, fennel seed, green tea and alfalfa. It also offers both anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, making it a great pick for sensitive and oily skin types.
2. Leahlani Skincare Champagne Serum ($32): With complexion-friendly and aromatherapeutic benefits, this dreamy serum is a product that makes the most of its Hawaiian roots. A soothing blend of lavender, chamomile and rose geranium oils will help put your mind at ease while leaving your skin looking especially radiant.
3. Meow Meow Tweet Spot Serum ($25): It’s a common misconception that blemishes are only associated with oilier skin types — this is simply not the case. Clogged pores, irritation and even dehydrated skin can result in those dreaded spots, so it’s important to treat them accordingly. Every skin type can benefit from using an oil-based spot serum like this one, which employs a blend of eucalyptus, clove bud and peppermint oils to hydrate your complexion and keep acne at bay.
4. Yuli Skincare Modern Alchemist Serum ($125): For mature and/or dry skin types, a potent serum is essential to giving your complexion that lit-from-within glow. For a serious skin reboot, we recommend turning to an innovative formula that means business, like this herbal mix. With a laundry list of legit ingredients, from argan oil to sea buckthorn, this oil will deeply hydrate skin, leaving it looking (and feeling) like a million bucks. Or, you know, 125 bucks ;)
5. Laurel Organics Anti-Inflammatory Serum ($72): No matter what your typical skin condition might be, winter weather can certainly wreak havoc on even the healthiest of complexions. Irritation can be a common plight for dry and oily skin alike, which makes this anti-inflammatory serum a sure bet for just about anyone. With a whole plant blend of chamomile, neroli and myrrh, this luxe oil will keep skin feeling healthy and fab, no matter the weather.
6. Apoterra Skincare Herbal Balancing Serum ($35): Dry, cold weather can send your skin into disarray, which is why it’s so important to nourish it with a healthy balance of herbs. This aptly named serum uses a mix of natural herbal components to help keep sebum production to a minimum, as well as making sure your complexion remains moisturized and nourished. Basically, it’s a formula that any skin type can benefit from.
7. Eminence Organics Herbal Spot Serum ($48): Blemish-prone skin types might have the urge to steer clear of oily beauty products, but they should know that serums can actually be quite beneficial in balancing the skin, so acne won’t be as much of an issue. This herbal serum is meant to stop acne in its tracks, with the key ingredient of salicylic acid-rich willow bark extract to gently exfoliate away skin impurities.
8. Vintner’s Daughter Botanical Serum ($185): Full disclosure — the price tag for this might not be for the faint of heart. But if you’re looking for a potent blend of 22 active natural ingredients that has gained cult status in the beauty world, this might be a serum you want to check out. Crafted by skincare chef April Gargiulo, each ingredient was specially chosen to better your complexion, no matter what skin type you might have. So, if you can swallow the price tag, this oil promises to leave your skin luminous.
Tweet us your fave herbal serum for winter @BritandCo!