5 Tech Ways To Prep For Your Super Bowl Viewing Party
It can be super overwhelming hosting the Super Bowl or any major viewing party (hello, Oscars next weekend!) so why go it alone? Enlist your devices and a few handy apps to help you stream the show and get coffee table ready with tasty appetizers, drinks and sporty swag.
1. Meal planning: Use your favorite meal planning app like Food Network Kitchen, Sous Chef or Evernote to plan small bites for a big crowd. (Of course, Brit.co is chock full of recipes to feed a crowd.) Also: Guy Fieri will be cooking up game day bites and cocktails with fellow chefs Alex Guarnaschelli, Antonia Lofaso, Josh Capon and Aaron Maygo via the Food Network app on Echo devices or Fire TV through Super Bowl Sunday at 8pm ET. (You can even ask them questions in real time - it's all live).
2. Ordering food and team swag: You can get groceries delivered from most markets via app or digital assistant these days, saving you a drive and freeing up more time to organize your place and practice your touchdown dance. You can even order banners, jerseys and other fan gear with the click or call of a button.
3. Getting halftime ready: The music lineup is legit this year – JLo and Shakira? Waka, waka! Get in the pre-game party mood with a playlist inspired by the two performers. Call out "Alexa, play halftime show music" to hear the "Best of Jennifer Lopez and Shakira" playlist in the Amazon Music app or get your favorite music app set up with your favorite sporty tunes (We Are The Champions…)
4. Brushing up on sports trivia. Not sure who's competing this year? It's O.K. – we're in it for the food too. Simply ask your digital assistant or even ask to get a chant for your favorite team going. We'll be using "Alexa, give me a Kansas City Chiefs burn" while we watch in our hometown of San Francisco. (Go Niners!) And keep guests entertained beyond the Big Game with a personalized Bingo one.
5. Viewing without missing a play (or commercial): Follow the Super Bowl Twitter page for the latest updates, set up a charging pad for guests and stream the pre-game and game for bathroom and kitchen breaks. The FOX Sports app will show it live for free on Amazon Fire TV or other smart TVs and devices. Go team!
Theresa Gonzalez is a content creator based in San Francisco and the author of Sunday Sews. She's a lover of all things design and spends most of her days momming her little one Matilda.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)