7 Apps and Sites to Help New Parents Save Money
There are plenty of things new parents have to consider: how to bond with the baby, how to get her to sleep and overall, how to raise a good human. One thing that shouldn’t require too much thought is how to save a buck or two on all the baby gear and diapers that are filling up the nursery. Whether it’s getting cash back or finding the best prices on all your new purchases (either for you or baby), check out these seven apps and sites that will let you spend less time hunting for deals and more time cuddling with your little one.
1. Target Cartwheel App: This app is constantly updated to make saving money at Target easier and easier. With options to check for deals by scanning barcodes to bookmarking coupons that load into one easy and mobile-friendly barcode for checkout, the Target Cartwheel app can save you a decent amount of money each week.
2. Shopular App: Download this app to your phone and check deals in real time for the stores you shop the most. The best part of Shopular is that it doesn’t force feed you coupon suggestions for stores or products you’re not interested in.
3. Out to Eat With Kids: Freebies are always a good find, and with this app, you can easily search what restaurants will serve free food to your tot. This is especially enticing for parents dining out with toddlers, who may or may not actually eat the food they’re served.
4. Santa’s Bag: Have you ever aimlessly shopped for gifts only to discover that you spent way more than you meant to? Keep your money in check with an app that is designed to track gifting for holidays, birthdays and whatever else you’re celebrating.
DL It: Free on iOS
5. Ebates Site and App: If you’re going to shop online, you might want to check to see if the store you’re browsing is partnered with Ebates first. When you click through to sites from the Ebates site, you see what deals or promo codes are available and you can earn cash back on purchases from a large number of partnered sites such as Amazon, Target, J.Crew and more.
6. Amazon Family: Score deals on diapers, baby clothes, toys, parenting books and more by signing up for Amazon Prime membership and Amazon Family (formerly Amazon Mom). This service filters out baby products and recommendations for Prime members who sign up for the free added service.
7. The Savvy Bump: If you don’t have a lot of time to search the ends of the internet for the best deals on maternity clothes or baby gear, then bookmark this site. Although there is no app available for this deal-seeking service, the site is updated regularly, so it’s worth a check before you run out to grab new baby gear!
What money-saving apps do you use? Tweet us your tips @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Getty)