Street style at New York Fashion Week is unparalleled. Equal parts eccentric flair and NYC-in-February styling savvy put bloggers and front row darlings in an elite league of their own that’s as buzzed about as the designers the event is celebrating. So, in the spirit of this major fashion moment, we say there’s no better time to follow through on that “dress to impress” resolution than right now. And you don’t have to look any further than the virtual racks of five of your favorite budget-friendly retailers. We’ve hunted down the most fashion-forward pieces from H&M, Forever 21, Target and more that are all $100 or less. Here’s how to step up your sartorial A-game even if your front row invite got lost in the mail.
1. H&M Short-Sleeved Jumpsuit ($60): Give major ’70s vibes in this flared jumpsuit that’s a head-turner all on its own. The no-accessories-required style makes it a top choice for the lazy girl set.
2. H&M Flared Coat ($80): This varsity striped kimono-style coat is a minimalist dream. Keep it all about the coat in a dress that can disappear under the open front jacket, or make it all about the oversized silhouette over a full maxi skirt.
3. H&M Tights With Text Motif ($9): Make a literal fashion statement with something much more unexpected than a graphic top.
4. Forever 21 Textured Culottes Jumpsuit ($35): This is as of-the-moment as a jumpsuit can get. Let it stand out by styling it with ’90s-feeling accessories like platform sandals, a sleek choker and a vampy red lip.
5. Forever 21 Tribal-Inspired Statement Necklace ($13): When your statement necklace collection starts looking all the same, shake it up with a stunner that takes inspiration from your DIY supplies. Clasp this pom pom collar necklace over a white tee to turn your everyday outfit into a look.
6. Forever 21 Heathered High-Slit Dress ($20): This is how to do ’90s grunge in 2015: with a high-slit tunic that adds a more dramatic look to your outfit with every step.
7. Zara Fringed High Heel Sandal ($100): This could be the most fun way to wear fringe ever. It’s a no-brainer way to dress up your denim, or to make that LBD over-the-top flirty.
8. Zara Leather Effect Layered Skirt Dress ($80): Besides giving off major #girlboss vibes, this A-line faux-leather dress might be the most figure-flattering way to make your high-fashion mark. Keep it classy with strappy stilettos, or go for the all-leather-everything look with heeled, over-the-knee suede boots.
9. Zara Dotted Top With Contrast Cuff ($80): Let one garment do the pattern clashing for you (though we’d kind of die to pair this top with a bright tartan pencil skirt).
10. Target Illusion Wide Leg Pant ($25): Wide leg trousers won’t feel impossibly bulky when they’re extra sheer. Keep this look from feeling too beachy by styling it with menswear-inspired shoes and a boxy blazer.
11. Target Ruffle Sleeve Blouse ($14): One of the more out-of-the-box ways to wear ruffles is also one of the dreamiest. Just don’t lose the ethereal effect by slipping on a jacket. Instead, keep your middle warm with a belted long-line vest.
12. Target Mesh Beach Tote Handbag ($10): Take your athleisure game to the next level with this made-for-the-beach tote bag reimagined as a sporty mesh carryall. To get the serious sartorial makeover, just toss it over your best set of sweats.
13. ASOS Faith Jolly FLoral Embellished Slider Sandals ($60): If your sandals are embellished with neon gems, then they’re appropriate no matter what the season. Slip on a pair of colorful socks and you’re set to take these slide sandals for a wintry spin.
14. ASOS Vera Moda Bold Stripe T-Shirt Dress ($47): Bold color is sure to get you noticed in the crowd, so you know you’ll make an impression with three of ’em in one dress. Keep the rest of your accessories stark for full effect.
15. ASOS Peach Cross Body Bag ($34): There’s no better time to go totally over the top with your accessories than when you’re channeling your inner street-style star. So, why not sling a peach-shaped purse around your shoulders?
16. Urban Outfitters Quay Frankie Sunglasses ($40): Put down your wayfarers and pass up your aviators. A more sculptural pair of sunglasses is the easiest way to redefine your entire look.
17. Urban Outfitters BDG Denim A-Line Mini Skirt ($30): Diversify your denim by thinking beyond the jeans with a sexy, ’60s-inspired denim skirt that feels flirty no matter what you top it off with.
18. Urban Outfitters Urban Renewal Recycled Sleeveless Kimono Jacket ($79): take your boho vibe to the next level with a floor-length kimono that practically make your entrance for you. With a jacket this head-turning, it doesn’t matter what you wear underneath.
What standout pieces have you bought from your favorite retailers? Tell us in the comments below.
(Featured Photo via Timur Emek/Getty)