When it comes to stocking the perfect pantry, we’re big believers that just about everyone should have a bag of almond meal on hand. The fluffy, protein-packed flour has certainly made headlines lately as a key ingredient in gluten-free and paleo recipes, but it has uses far beyond cooking for special diets.
Dainty macarons and delectable tarts are just a couple of the more mainstream options out there, and we’ve gathered up 20 awesome almond meal recipes for you to try right now. Not ready to shell out for a bag of almond meal quite yet? Go ahead and give these almond balls made with whole, raw almonds a go in the meantime.
1. Almond Oat Banana Crepes: Packed with whole grain goodness, these almond-banana-Nutella crepes are a great way to kick off your day. (via Pinch of Yum)
2. Leek and Asparagus Quiche With Almond Meal Crust: With tons of sweet onion flavor, this quiche just screams springtime anytime. Scallions are mixed right into the crust, and a cheesy leek-asparagus filling is baked inside. (via So… Let’s Hang Out)
3. Whole Wheat Almond Meal Graham Crackers: Get that campfire going and the ‘mallows a toastin’. These homemade grahams are perfect for your Fourth of July celebration. (via Salt and Smoke)
4. Fig and Almond Torte: When fig season rolls around, make this fragrant cake. It works for breakfast or dessert! (via Prevention RD)
5. Tropical Almond Pancakes: Bananas are cooked right into our almond pancakes topped with a bright mixture of tropical fruit and shredded coconut. (via Brit + Co.)
6. Waffle Cones: There’s nothing quite like the smell of freshly made waffle cones. This ingenious recipe is totally gluten-free and worthy of a few scoops of homemade ice cream. (via Roost)
7. Vegan Orange Almond Muffins: A crunchy topping of chopped almond hints at what’s hidden within. You won’t believe these almond meal and orange-flavored muffins are both gluten-free and vegan. (via Gluten-Free Goddess)
8. Vegan Asparagus Fries: “Breaded” veggies are so much more fun to eat (hello, finger food!), and asparagus is no exception. (via Veggies Don’t Bite)
9. Vegan Tortillas: Forget flour tortillas, these soft, paleo-friendly wraps are an ideal swap. (via Allergy Free Alaska)
10. Bacon Cheeseburger Meatball Recipe: Bacon. Cheese. Meatballs. DIY special sauce. Ummm, yes please! (via I Breathe… I’m Hungry…)
11. Cheddar Cheese Straws: Cheese straws are always a total crowd (and taste bud) pleaser. Serve these at your next soiree. (via All Day I Dream About Food)
12. Chocolate Almond Flour Cakes for Two: Definitely keep this recipe in mind the next time you need something sweet. Share the second cake with your sweetie, a friend — or enjoy it yourself. (via The Kitchen Paper)
13. Chocolate Avocado Frosting Stuffed Cookie Sandwiches: Pistachio-almond-oat cookies sandwich an ultra-creamy frosting made out of a surprising ingredient: avocado. (via Yeah… Imma Eat That)
14. Almond Scones: A cross between muffin tops and Irish soda bread — albeit a sweeter, more moist version — these unique almond scones are a terrific grab-and-go breakfast or snack to have on hand. (via A Sage Amalgam)
15. Almond Flour Pizza: Quell any pizza cravings with this ridiculously easy, four-ingredient crust. (via Ditch the Wheat)
16. Baked Almond Vegan “Feta”: Use almond meal to DIY your own vegan cheese that tastes remarkably similar to feta. (via Maple Spice)
17. Dairy-Free Almond Joy Cookies: We’ll take a dozen of these thick, chewy cookies right out of the oven. Thanks. (via Making Thyme for Health)
18. Buckwheat Almond Crackers: These nutty crackers would be excellent served alongside some hummus, guacamole or heck, even a cheese ball. (via Anja’s Food 4 Thought)
19. Caramelized Apple, Honey and Frangipane Tart: Do you love the filling inside almond croissants? If so, this tart is for you. (via Citrus and Candy)
20. Almond Crusted Fish Sticks + Tartar Sauce: Skip the freezer aisle and whip up your own fish sticks in a flash instead! (via Macnifique)
Do you stock almond meal in your pantry? Did we miss any genius ways to use the stuff? Let us know in the comments!