Healthy Hacks: 20 Recipes to Cook With Almond Meal
When it comes to stocking the perfect pantry, we’re big believers that just about everyone should have a bag of almond meal on hand. The fluffy, protein-packed flour has certainly made headlines lately as a key ingredient in gluten-free and paleo recipes, but it has uses far beyond cooking for special diets.
2. Leek and Asparagus Quiche With Almond Meal Crust: With tons of sweet onion flavor, this quiche just screams springtime anytime. Scallions are mixed right into the crust, and a cheesy leek-asparagus filling is baked inside. (via So… Let’s Hang Out)
7. Vegan Orange Almond Muffins: A crunchy topping of chopped almond hints at what’s hidden within. You won’t believe these almond meal and orange-flavored muffins are both gluten-free and vegan. (via Gluten-Free Goddess)
12. Chocolate Almond Flour Cakes for Two: Definitely keep this recipe in mind the next time you need something sweet. Share the second cake with your sweetie, a friend — or enjoy it yourself. (via The Kitchen Paper)
13. Chocolate Avocado Frosting Stuffed Cookie Sandwiches: Pistachio-almond-oat cookies sandwich an ultra-creamy frosting made out of a surprising ingredient: avocado. (via Yeah… Imma Eat That)
14. Almond Scones: A cross between muffin tops and Irish soda bread — albeit a sweeter, more moist version — these unique almond scones are a terrific grab-and-go breakfast or snack to have on hand. (via A Sage Amalgam)
Do you stock almond meal in your pantry? Did we miss any genius ways to use the stuff? Let us know in the comments!