14 Amethyst Engagement Rings That’ll Take Your Breath Away
First, it was alluring opal engagement rings. Then, it was gorgeous garnet rings. Now, it’s February’s birthstone’s time to shine with this round of non-traditional engagement rings featuring the beautiful amethyst gemstone. This stunning violet quartz is sure to take anyone’s breath away and makes for a super unique engagement ring. You don’t have to be a February baby to don this stone, so take your pick from this selection of 14 vintage stunners and modern minimalist pieces that are sure to win over any bride’s heart.
1. Braided Amethyst Eternity Ring ($590): This unique eternity ring’s braided design can be thought as a symbol for two distinct lives becoming one. It’s made of 100% recycled gold and six purple amethyst stones. It would look great solo or stacked with a few other gold rings.
2. Round Purple Amethyst Ring ($62): Not only is this purple beauty set at an amazing price, but it features the most popular cut for gemstones. The round cut is thought to maximize light reflection, which means more *sparkle* for y-o-u.
3. Art Deco Vintage Gold Filigree Ring ($185): Here’s a gorgeous matrimony of vintage and modern. This genuine 1930s item — complete with a modern minimal band — is ideal for the non-traditional bride, especially if she’s a fan of art deco and ornate details.
4. Stackable Minimal Amethyst Ring ($75): If less is more for the future bride, this delicate 14k gold amethyst ring is sure to have her saying “I do.” The ring’s dainty and minimal design makes it ideal for stacking or simply wearing alone as a modest symbol for your love.
5. Vintage Amethyst Dainty Crown Ring ($295): Straight outta the ’60s, this antique piece features 10k yellow gold and an oval-cut amethyst gemstone. Is the bride mad for Mad Men or The Beatles? Maybe it’s time to win her over with this vintage engagement ring.
6. Gold Amethyst Solitaire Ring ($522): Did you know that the amethyst is the gemstone of St. Valentine and of faithful love? Let your S.O. know they’re your forever valentine with this handmade 14k gold and amethyst symbol of true love.
7. Antique Amethyst Cluster Ring ($350): If the soon-to-be bride has a thing for flowers, this antique cluster ring — featuring 11 stones around a solitaire amethyst — will be better than any bouquet she’ll ever receive.
8. Vintage Art Deco Amethyst Ring ($255): This vintage bling ring comes straight to you from the 1930s. If you’ve ever wished you lived in the Art Deco era, when it was all about geometrics and fine details, this style of ring is the one for you.
9. Rose Gold Oval Amethyst Ring ($335): Don’t get it twisted. This beautiful oval cut amethyst stone set on a twisted 14k rose gold band is just the ring you’ll want to wear for a lifetime. Pair it with a few gold bands to complete the look.
10. Sterling Silver Amethyst and Diamond Ring ($68): This 2.5-carat marquise-cut natural African amethyst is surrounded by a cubic zirconia micropavé that continues along the sides of the solid sterling silver band. Cue the *swoons*.
11. Purple Amethyst Tear Drop Ring ($62): We can’t promise tears won’t be shed for this handmade beauty. Crafted from a dark purple amethyst gemstone and set on a hammered 18-karat gold vermeil band, this tear drop ring may be the perfect one for the perfect one for you ;)
12. Rose Gold Amethyst Ring With Scalloped Diamonds ($898): If how a ring’s materials are sourced is important to you, you can have peace of mind with this rose gold stunner. It’s made from conflict-free natural white diamonds that surround a purple amethyst gemstone. Plus, its GIA graduate gemologist maker guarantees a free service every six months that includes cleaning, polishing and prong tightening to keep your ring in tip-top shape.
13. Green Amethyst Leaf Ring ($975): Talk about a stunner! This gorgeous green amethyst is beset with gold and sparkles with natural diamonds. Once natural light catches this gemstone’s facets, you’ll be able to see all the amethyst’s uniquely subtle green tones.
14. Raw Amethyst Ring ($156): Raw engagement rings are totally trending. If you and your S.O. can’t wait to embark on future adventures together, seal the deal with this gorgeous gold and raw amethyst ring.
Love these non-traditional engagement rings? Follow us on Pinterest for more gorgeous wedding inspiration!