20 Anthropologie Hacks You’ll Love Even More Than the Real Thing
Anthropologie is one of our main sources (both dream shopping and the occasional IRL kind ;) for clothing, apartment decor and — drumroll — DIY inspiration. With Anthro, it’s either the wallet wins and you walk away with one sale item in your shopping bag or you “win” and walk away with splurges for your apartment and closet + a headache after trying to think about how you are going to pay off that credit card bill. We are here to help! We’ve rounded up some of our favorite money-saving Anthro DIY hacks where you will get that one-of-a-kind Anthropologie look for half the price. Let’s get making!
1. Wire Wall Hang Cubby: This DIY is more of a weekend project and will require a toolbox, but gives great results. You’ll never believe it, but zip ties are one of the materials! Say goodbye laundry room clutter. (via Brit + Co)
2. Anthro Inspired Tassel Necklace: Anthropologie never disappoints on the tassel front. The Merrythought does a great job explaining how to make the perfect tassel. Check mark – we approve. (via The Merrythought)
3. Chambray Anthro Shirt: Hold up. Can this be true? A $124 shirt for $25 – we recommend saving that extra cash for some more DIY supplies =) Challenge yourself to save even more by heading to the thrift store for that perfect chambray shirt. (via Brit + Co)
4. Orbit Mirror – Grab your wood glue and get ready to make an epic texture focal point for your wall. Mix it up with some found wood as well. Our first thought? Slivers from the stump of your Christmas tree. (via Brit + Co)
9. Anthropologie Inspired Earrings: While these aren’t an exact copycat, they give the same feel of the Anthro piece and are a whole lot cheaper. Hit up your local bead store to find flat-backed gems to create these earrings. (via Brit+Co)
14. Watercolored Feather Pens: Your little DIYers can help out with this project. Grab some watercolors and paper and play around with patterns and colors for different types of feathers. (via Craftberry Bush)
15. Beaded Bib Necklace: This DIY is a bit on the tedious side, so save it for a rainy weekend indoors. But believe us, you won’t regret spending 2-3 hours on this necklace. It is a statement piece that will bring any outfit to the next level. (via Brit + Co)
18. Ruffle Shower Curtain: Cascading ombre and ruffles = beyond gorgeous. FYI – This tutorial recommends getting a ruffle foot for your sewing machine. She said if she didn’t have one she probably would have thrown in the towel. (via Elle Apparel)
19. Floral Coffee Cups: Anthro has a great knack for creating stunning dishware that we constantly swoon over. Thankfully you can give it your own try with this DIY. Want a pro tip? If you mess up, put that baby in the dishwasher and your Sharpie marks will start to erase. If you love your design, set it in the oven for 45 mins at 450 degrees and it will last forever! (via Home Heart Craft)
20. Anthro Bedroom Makeover: Can you believe it?? This DIYer re-did her whole bedroom with anthro inspired hacks. Um, can you please come wave your Anthro magic wand on our room too?! (via Whimsey Darling)
Have you wandered into Anthropologie lately and seen a piece that you must have but is too expensive? Share it with us below and maybe it will be our next Anthro hack!