Hit the Slopes in Style With These 20 Après Ski Style Essentials
With no shortage of winter-cations up your sleeve, you’re bound to find yourself at a ski resort in the weeks to come (#goals). Maybe it’s your first time hitting the slopes or perhaps you’re on the verge of reaching Olympian status. Either way, we all *know* it’s the festivities (cough, cough, boozing and schmoozing) following an afternoon spent skiing, sledding and snowboarding that are known to raise an eyebrow or two. Thankfully, you need not know the difference between alpine and nordic skiing to nail that coveted après ski look that every Instababe seems to be sporting these days. In a nutshell, anything remotely lumberjack and log cabin-inspired will do. Ahead, we’re bringing you 20 snow bunny-approved pieces — everything from intarsia knits and cozy sweatshirts to ugly-pretty all-weather boots — that will have you combating the elements in style.
Jardin Seamless Leggings ($105): Uniformed and ready to hit the slopes, you’re going to look so legit in your new ski gear from Sweaty Betty. Besides the whimsical cactus print (we die), this seamless co-ord is made from a sweat-wicking fabric to ensure you stay dry even when stunting.
2. J.Crew Fair Isle Turtleneck Sweater ($98): When in doubt, ask yourself: What would Jenna Lyons wear when out and about at the ski range? Easy-peasy. She’d toss this fair isle turtleneck sweater on alongside a pair of fluorescent pink statement earrings and swipe on a bold red lip. All that’s missing is a chartreuse-hued cocoon coat and some Snowmageddon-esque boots (albeit, a cute pair).
3. New Look Padded Boxy Jacket ($68): A bright yellow puffer that can be spotted at least a mile away as you bust those freestyle moves? Duh. You don’t have to tell us twice.
4. Maje A-Line Dress With Knit Yoke ($395): Because you certainly won’t be wooing any potential suitors wearing your bulky ski gear at the lodge, this long-sleeved knit yoke dress is absolutely in order. For a ski-chic look, wrap yourself up in a jacquard knit infinity scarf, a matching pom-pom hat and Chelsea boots for a ceaselessly chic getup.
5. Free People Alps So Soft Boot Sock ($16): You had us at luxuriously soft boot socks with a Fozzy Bear-inspired texture to boot. Just think how extra-cushiony your soles will feel post-ski sesh when cuddled up by the fire with a winter read. Unbelievably snug doesn’t even begin to describe our level of contentment.
6. Topshop Sno Ziggy Ski Pants ($135): Introducing the form-fitting ski pants (or Salopettes, if you want to get technical) you didn’t know you needed, but now won’t be able to live without. Going hand in hand with mirrored ski goggles and moon boots, you can’t *actually* call yourself a snowbunny until you’ve got the look down pat. We’re la-la-loving how it’s styled here alongside a vibrant zipper-front sweater.
7. Lulus Apres Ski Cream Sherpa Coat ($105): Dreaming up an idyllic winter escape? Say no more. Whether you’ve already got a trip in the works or you’re snowed in (womp, womp), this luxe sherpa coat will have you channeling an après ski-inspired look in no time.
definitely the buffalo plaid.), but when functional reads this chic, you know you’ve struck gold. Did we mention they’re waterproof? Oh yeah.
9. Show Me the Mumu The Ben Top Apres Ski Graphic ($114): Get with the program, ladies! This après ski graphic tee isn’t up for debate. When the guys decide to hit the bar, you and the gals can toast Champs during an epic sleepover-turned-pampering-sesh. And, yes, a snow white knit pom-pom hat and matching PJ bottoms will be in order.
10. Tory Burch Sport Quilted Nylon Boots ($395): When it comes to your footwear of choice, you’re not messing around one bit. Proceed to reach for a pair of these ‘70s skiwear-inspired quilted boots that will have you taking on tough wintry conditions like a BOSS. Not only are these bad boys water-resistant, but they’re insulated on the inside too — buh-bye brutal wind chill!
11. New Balance for J.Crew Essential Windbreaker ($120): Too many layers? No such thing. Besides, we’re low-key obsessed with this New Balance x J.Crew windbreaker that will come in handy when the weather conditions are downright unpredictable. Or perhaps, it’ll just make you break out in a spontaneous dance party, ’cause it’s just that fly.
12. French Connection Allegro Stitch Knits Jumper ($178): Heading to the Alps? We’ve got the embroidered mock-neck sweater for you. Channel your very own winter wonderland with this ski-ready jumper that will hold you down on and off the slopes — just add leather leggings for a laid-back-chic look that’s cocktail hour-ready.
13. Canada Goose Snow Mantra Parka ($1,500): Serious snowboarders, skiers and thrill-seekers alike will want to add this Canada Goose all-weather parka to their cold-weather capsule wardrobe STAT. Don’t let the steep price tag scare you away. Wouldn’t you be willing to pay beaucoup bucks for the “warmest coat on Earth?” Thought so.
14. Perfect Moment Play Beanie ($100): Red poms and polar bears are as good of a pairing as any in our book. Equal parts stylish and functional, this cheeky merino wool beanie will keep your head extra toasty in between hot chocolate breaks. Sign us up, please.
15. Woolrich Chalet Slipper ($60): Leave it to Woolrich to design these fair isle-printed slipper booties that are every bit as cozy as they look. As you recover from the cold with a cuppa mulled cider at the lodge, they’ll have your toesies defrosted in record time.
16. MOU Clear Skies Ankle Boot ($278): Once inside, the moon boots have got to go. Promptly slip into these suede ankle boots featuring a faux fur interior that may or may not call to mind your favorite eskimo. Let the cuddle sesh commence as you seek refuge in your hidden ski cabin in the woods.
17. Perfect Moment Queenie Quilted Down Ski Jacket ($420): YAS queen. You most definitely need this waterproof quilted jacket on standby. The uplifting rainbow stripes are enough to turn unfavorable weather conditions upside down. To be worn with matching flared ski pants for the lewk of the season.
18. Beyoncé Flawless Buffalo Check Flannel Shirt ($75): Flawless like Beyoncé is exactly how you want to look after a rigorous afternoon spent hitting the slopes. This borrowed-from-the-boys buffalo plaid flannel shirt ticks all the boxes (and then some) for the ultimate staycation in the mountains. Toss it over high-performance leggings for a little tête-à-tête by the bar or, better yet, wear it as a nightshirt for a good night’s rest.
19. Madewell Arrowhead Lodge Funnelneck Sweatshirt ($75): Meet the funnelneck sweatshirt of your dreams that will accompany you on many a ski retreat this winter. Serving as a security blanket of sorts (literally), it’ll banish a case of the January doldrums and up your style game when hitting the slopes. Round out your look with a plaid button-down, marled socks and duck boots for an off-the-slopes uniform.
20. Sézane Jimmy Jumper ($125): Did someone say perfect jumper with Parisian girl flair? We’re already on it. Leave it to Sézane to design the most *perfect* wide-striped sweater quite possibly in existence. Pair alongside a wool mini skirt and a puffy vest for an #OOTN (outfit of the night) that’s ready to mix and mingle.