Made in the USA: 12 Artisanal American Cheese Recipes
You know we’re all about supporting the makers — heck, we even host Re:Make annually to celebrate the community at large — so it’s probably no surprise that we’re loving all of the artisan cheeses created right here in the good ol’ US of A. This roundup celebrates 12 American creameries’ cheeses, paired with a hand-picked recipe that corresponds to the selection. Wanna take things slow and simply host a tasting instead? Consult our list of recommended supplies for making your event go off without a hitch!
1. Kale Salad With Delicata Squash, Almonds and Aged Cheddar: Salads may be the furthest thing from your mind when it’s cold out, but this one featuring seasonal produce and Cabot Clothbound Cheddar is sure to delight throughout autumn and winter. (via Marin Mama Cooks)
2. Rosemary Chicken Sausage, Peppadew Pepper and Goat Gouda Grilled Cheese: Use Central Coast Creamery’s goat gouda to put a domestic spin on this gourmet grilled cheese. (via Spache the Spatula)
3. Oven Baked Camembert With Honey-Roasted Figs: When you have a gorgeous wheel of Alemar Cheese Company’s Bent River at your disposal, there’s no need to hide it under layers of puff pastry — the cheese itself truly shines in this recipe. (via Multiculti Kitchen)
4. Crottin Salad With Pears and Fennel: This peppery salad pairs beautifully with Redwood Hill Farm’s French-style California Crottin. (via Williams Sonoma)
5. Mt. Tam, Pear and Garlic Confit Pizza (Gluten-free): One taste of this pizza will tell you why Cowgirl Creamery’s Mt. Tam is such an award winner. Feel free to swap in your favorite pizza crust, gluten-free or not! (via A Sage Amalgam)
7. Fresh Fall Figs with Humboldt Fog…on Bruschetta: An iconic American cheese, Cypress Grove’s Humboldt Fog is tangy with a unique added texture from the ash-crusted rind; a natural paring with figs atop toasted baguette. (via Thyme)
8. Smashed Baby Red Potatoes with Ancho Chiles and Dry Jack Cheese: Use any one of Vella Cheese Company’s Dry Jack Cheeses in this delicious recipe! (via Bon Appétit)
9. Bijou Creme Brûlée with Rhubarb Compote: Vermont Creamery’s Bijou lends a bit of savory nuttiness to a typically sweet custard. The accompanying strawberry rhubarb compote plays up the goat cheese tang nicely. (via Vermont Creamery)
12. Flagship Cheese, Asparagus + Pear Bites: Beecher’s Flagship cheese is tucked inside these appetizing bites. If you have extra cheese on hand, give Beecher’s World’s Best Mac and Cheese recipe a go! (via Country Cleaver)
Who are some of your favorite artisan cheese makers? Why type(s) of cheese do they specialize in? Let’s chat about all things queso-related in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)