Make Dad Happy With Our Bacon and Beer Waffle Cake Recipe
If there are two things dads everywhere love, it's bacon and beer. And what better way to celebrate dad than with a cake featuring some of his favorite things? Lucky for you, we've combined all delicious, dad-approved ingredients to mix up the superfecta of Father's Day Treats. Introducing… our Bacon and Beer Waffle Cake recipe!
– 2 boxes vanilla cake mix + ingredients (substitute beer for the water)
– 2-3 jars vanilla frosting
– 1 package thick-cut bacon
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lay strips from half of the package of bacon on a sheet pan covered in parchment paper. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until brown and crispy. Set aside to cool.
2. Chop the remaining bacon into small bits and fry until crispy. Drain and set aside to cool.
3. Make cake mix according to package directions, substituting the beer for water.
4. Preheat your waffle iron. Pour in cake mix and sprinkle with bits of bacon. Cook according to waffle maker instructions. Set aside to cool.
5. Mix two to four tablespoons of beer into your frosting. Use frosting to stack waffles together in a cake-like fashion, leaving the sides exposed. Top with candied bacon!
Now let's go through the process.
Start by gathering your ingredients, then preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lay strips from half of the package of bacon on a nonstick sheet pan or pan covered in parchment paper. Sprinkle bacon with brown sugar and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until browned and crispy. Set aside to cool.
Chop the remaining bacon into small bits and fry until brown and crispy. Set aside to drain and cool.
Mix cake mix according to package directions, substituting beer for water.
Preheat waffle maker and pour in batter. Sprinkle batter with crispy bacon bits, then cook according to waffle maker instructions.
Voila! Make as many waffles as you can and set aside to cool.
In a medium bowl, add two to four tablespoons of beer to your frosting. Mix until smooth.
Alternate waffles with frosting until you've created a nice cake-like structure. Finish by frosting the top and leave the sides exposed.
Top waffle cake with candied bacon, and you're done! Now tell us that's something your dad wouldn't love!
What are your favorite Father's Day treats? Let us know @BritandCo!