16 Relatable Gifts That All “Bad Moms” Will Love
All moms, new or experienced, know that the “mom life” isn’t easy, especially during the holidays. Moms have to live up to some hefty, if not impossible, expectations to be considered a “good mom.” She decorates the house, cooks a Coca Cola glazed ham, bakes the perfect holiday cookies, finds the perfect gift for every family member, and sticks to her budget. A lot of moms out there are doing a pretty great job and just not getting enough credit.
So what happens when “good moms” want to be a little bad? Like go buzzed shopping for gifts or use the baby as a cleaning mechanism? In honor of the movie, A Bad Moms Christmas, starring Mila Kunis, Kristen Bell, and Kathryn Hahn, here are a few ways to show appreciation for the “bad” mom in your life, besides just a good night’s sleep.
1. JennysSweetTees Pregnant AF T-Shirt ($18): Your expectant mom friend is not one to mince words. She doesn’t have that kind of time. She can keep everyone in the loop by simply pointing at her shirt.
2. BigMouth Inc. Ultimate Wine Bottle Glass ($18): Even mommy needs a break sometimes. A big break. After the kids are asleep, she deserves to relax with a glass of wine. Or four. Remember, this gift is only appropriate to moms who are not pregnant.
3. RenStudioCo Momster Print ($6): Your mom is a wonder woman, but even she has her limits. Luckily, she’s also the kind of woman who has a sense of humor even when her kids are driving her crazy.
4. The Big Fat Activity Book for Pregnant People by Jordan Reid and Erin Williams ($16): Being pregnant can get a little mundane. Distract your friend from aches, pains, caffeine cravings, and the woe of constantly needing to go to the restroom with this book.
5. Babymop ($39): Granted, this onesie turned mop is a bit of a gag gift, but moms of all people know how hard it is to keep a house clean with a baby around. Whether they actually use it is entirely up to them.
6. MilkandHoneyLuxuries Tired As a Mother Coffee Spoon ($18): A lovely spoon is perfect for stirring in sugar for your mom friend’s eighth cup of coffee. Because you know she’s tired as a mother… well, she can finish that sentence herself if she wants.
7. SneakyBaconTees Pretty. Good. Mom. T-Shirt ($20+): Maybe she doesn’t think she’s the best mom ever, and she’s made peace with that. Nonetheless, this mom friend is a pretty good mom, and she can proudly display that to the world.
8. Go the F**k to Sleep by Adam Mansbach ($15): There’s a reason this parody is a best seller: It’s just so relatable. For every night that her child will not fall asleep, this book will keep her sane when she finally gets a moment to herself at 3am.
9. Mustache Pacifier ($8): New moms could always use a moment to laugh during the day. This pacifier will not only keep the baby quiet but also look adorably silly. Two very excellent reasons to love this gift.
10. Porn for New Moms ($13): There’s nothing too risqué in this book, just a bunch of mom porn. She can indulge in photos of hot guys running her a bath, pouring her a glass of wine, or even doing the laundry.
12. Preggatinis: Mixology for the Mom-to-Be by Natalie Bovis-Nelsen ($18): A pregnancy doesn’t have to mean your bestie has to give up on cocktail hour. She can partake in nonalcoholic and totally delicious mocktails while she’s waiting for the little one to arrive.
13. Kindred Bravely If You Can Read This, Rub My Feet Socks ($10): Anyone who walks by mom’s tired toes will get the message: Mom needs to take a load off. Courtesy of you.
14. Ollie and Penny Cool Mom Tee ($16): “Bad” moms are just cool moms by any other name. Take it from Mean Girl Regina George’s OG cool mom, who inspired this cute tee.
15. SweetMintHandmade Bumpin Ain’t Easy Mug ($14+): Your bestie’s pregnancy just got very low-key cool. While she’s sipping on decaf green tea in the morning, she can quietly think to herself about how *bad* she truly is.
16. daylightderived #Momlife Necklace ($22): This #MomLife necklace isn’t just a pretty accessory; it’s part of the cool mom lifestyle.
Always searching for the perfect give to give family, friends, and loved ones? Follow us on Pinterest for more thoughtful gift ideas.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photo via STX Entertainment)