10 Retro Recipes to Rock at Your Christmas Dinner
Christmas is soooo close, we can almost taste it! Since the holidays are a time when we are especially nostalgic, especially for toys from the ’90s and traditional holiday recipes, why not give a retro recipe a try? You could follow the recipe line by line — just like grandma used to make — or put your own modern twist on a tried-and-true classic. We’ll leave the details up to you while you browse these 10 throwback dishes you’re sure to enjoy for years to come.
3. Watergate Salad: Pineapple, pistachio pudding and marshmallows may sound like a strange mixture of ingredients, but it creates a dessert that is the perfect combination of nutty, sweet and creamy. (via Cincy Shopper)
4. Pear Salad: The last thing you’d think is to garnish a pear with is mayonnaise and cheddar cheese, but this pear salad, complete with a maraschino cherry on top, has been a staple in many holiday dinners over the years. (via Add a Pinch)
6. Turkey Tetrazzini: This retro casserole uses egg noodles, mushrooms and a cheesy sauce for a delicious dish. Make as a meal or create it using turkey left over from your Christmas dinner. (via Williams-Sonoma)
10. Pecan Snowball Cookies: If you’re baking cookies for a large group, you’ll want to check out this recipe, because you can easily make a few dozen in no time at all. Plus, the snowball shape and powdered sugar make them great for Christmas parties. (via Southern Bite)
Share your favorite retro recipes with us @britandco using the hashtag #britstagram so we can check out the goods.
- 21 Perfect Christmas Dinner Recipe Ideas from Appetizers to Desserts - Brit + Co ›
- 18 Easy Christmas Appetizer Recipes That Will Fill Your Friends With Glee - Brit + Co ›
- 19 Fabulous Christmas Eve Dinner Recipe Ideas - Brit + Co ›
- 18 Christmas Party Food Ideas That Are Easy to Ho-Ho-Hold - Brit + Co ›
- 15 Leftover Ham Recipes — Brit + Co - Brit + Co ›
- 12 Scrumptious Appetizers to Kick Off Your Thanksgiving Celebration - Brit + Co ›