By now, you’re probably a pro at making all of the breads , from loaves laced with beer to cinnamon buns . Now we’re here with a new challenge: Bagels. We’ve rounded up 13 terrific recipes for the well-loved breakfast staple. Whether you keep things classic with New York style or prefer a more worldly or seasonal variety, we have you covered. For bonus points, whip up a batch of flavored butter to spread atop your creations!
1. Plain Bagels : What a terrific jumping off point into the world of bagel making. You can’t go wrong with a plain bagel. Instructions for making a couple variations, including sourdough and onion cheese, are also included. (via Thibeault’s Table )
3. New York Style Blueberry Bagels : Simply stunning. These blueberry bagels are sure to be loved by everyone, even bagel purists. We’re looking at you, Harry from Sex and the City . (via Heather’s French Press )
5. Beet Bagels with Whipped Blue Cheese : The combination of beet bagels with a whipped blue-cheese cream cheese (say that three times fast) sounds amazing. We’re adding this to our beet-recipes -to-make list, stat. (via Club Narwhal )
6. Momofuku Milk Bar Bagel Bombs : On first glance, these little bagels look totally unassuming, right? Once you bite ’em, though, you’ll reveal a surprise inside — bacon-scallion-cream-cheese stuffing. (via Hummingbird High )
8. Grilled Banana Maui Bagels : What a sunny way to start the day. Toasted bagels are slicked with a combo of nut butters then topped with pan-grilled coconut and orange-zest-sprinkled bananas reminiscent of Bananas Foster without all the sugar and booze. (via Healthy. Happy. Life. )
What’s your favorite bagel style? Flavor? Let’s talk carbs in the comments below!